Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood and the Russian Museum Walking Tour
Explore two of St Petersburg’s artistic and architectural highlights on this 3-hour walking tour, with a professional art guide. Ogle the eye-popping, multi-domed Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood, and head inside with your guide to appreciate its opulent interior. Then, enjoy a guided tour of St Petersburg’s Russian Museum, the world’s largest repository of Russian art. Enjoy a personalized atmosphere on this small-group tour, limited to six people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up
- Guide assistance
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- Entry/Admission - State Russian Museum
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
Walking at a leisurely pace, stride down the elegant streets of the city as your guide regales you with tales about its history, culture and unique artistic and architectural heritage. Stop first outside the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood – an incredibly ornate church topped with a flurry of multi-colored, onion-shaped domes — and learn how this extravagant edifice contrasts greatly with St Petersburg’s otherwise restrained architecture.
Hear how the church took its design cue from St Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow, and after snapping photos of the façade, explore the astonishing interior with your guide. Following a spell of neglect, the inside of the cathedral took longer to restore than it did to actually build. Inspect the intricate detailing to understand why the meticulous restoration took so long, and note the tiny mosaics on the walls and the richly gilded marble floors.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: State Russian Museum, Inzhenernaya St., 4 Metro: Gostiny Dvor, Nevskiy Prospekt, St. Petersburg 191011 Russia
As you walk around, hear about Tsar Alexander II who was assassinated on the site of the cathedral in 1881, and view the canopy that marks the exact place of his murder. Next, continue to another of St Petersburg’s cultural showpieces — the incredible Russian Museum that’s home to a stunning collection of more than 400,000 pieces of art dating back to the 10th century.
Go inside with your guide and enjoy a tour of the main building, the Mikhailovsky Palace. Walk through the beautiful halls and admire a captivating cross-section of art of almost every type and era, including paintings and sculptures, and striking Russian avant-garde works. Your tour concludes inside the Russian Museum, leaving you free to continue admiring the exhibits on your own if you wish.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The Tour does not operates for the Cruise ship passengers
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.