Ciata Paths the history of samba in Little Africa
The itinerary starts in front of the MAR- Rio Art Museum, goes through the Church of São Francisco da Prainha, Largo São Francisco de Prainha, Salt Rock (Pedra do Sal), Valongo Wharf (Cais do Valongo), Dockworkers Square (Praça dos Estivadores), Valongo Hanging Garden (Jardim Suspenso do Valongo) and ends in the Cultural Space Casa da Tia Ciata.
Get to know Little Africa in Rio de Janeiro with Tia Ciata's history as samba began and finalize the visit to the cultural space Casa da Tia Ciata.
It is transmitted through a tour of Little Africa with the tour guide Marllon Azevedo, the narrated culture, describing the places where Aunt Ciata passed. Considered the Matriarch of Samba, she began the tradition of the Baiana de Acarajé Board and to this day is honored for her contribution to the formation of the Brazilian scene, being recognized as one of the homeland heroines in the book Heroes and Heroines of Rio de Janeiro (City).
Little Africa is a name given by Heitor dos Prazeres, a region of Rio de Janeiro comprised of the Rio de Janeiro.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide accredited by the Ministry of Tourism
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Visit: Casa da Tia Ciata, R. Camerino, 5 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20080-010, Brazil
Guided Tour at the Point of Culture.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Casa da Tia Ciata, R. Camerino, 5 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20080-010, Brazil
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.