Cinque Terre Small Group Guided Tour from Florence
Discover the breathtaking area of Cinque Terre, a UNESCO Heritage site, visiting three of the five villages; departing from Florence, in a small group of max 25 participants, and using the right size vehicle, you’ll be able to reach the Cinque Terre Park, very fast. Moving by train/boat (tickets included), to maximize your time/comfort, and with the assistance of an expert guide, discover the beauties of Manarola, Vernazza and Monterosso. In Monterosso free time for lunch (not included), shopping or relax on the beach; in the afternoon you will meet your driver, to come back to Florence.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small group day trip to the Cinque Terre with roundtrip transportation by AC vehicle with free wi-fi
- Average group size 10-15 people or fewer - max 25 participants
- Licensed English speaking guide at your disposal for the whole duration of the service
- Guided visit of Manarola, Vernazza and Monterosso with expert guide
- Stop in Monterosso with free time for lunch (not included), shopping or relax on the beach
- Local train to move through the villages + Local boat ride (SEA & DOCKING CONDITIONS PERMITTING)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borgo Storico di Manarola, Manarola Italy
On your arrival in the area, your idea about these incredible lands will turn into reality! The blue sky and the blue sea blend all in one; vines fill up the steep slopes, proof of a constant human work that has never give up to the nature of the territory. Once on site the guide will introduce you to secrets and stories about this particular and complex area and you will start your visit from Manarola, the “quietest” of the five towns. Founded during the XII century, the village probably derives its name from an antique "magna roea", a large mill wheel present in the village.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Borgo Storico di Corniglia, Corniglia Italy
We do not visit Corniglia, because it is the only one of the five towns not located directly on the coast, and probably you don't want to climb up the 400 steps (and come down again!) to reach the village.
Stop At: 19018 Vernazza Italy
Using the local train, with a 3 minutes ride, from Manarola, you will reach Vernazza, considered by many to be the most charming of the Cinque Terre was documented for the first time in 1080. The remarkable economic and social level reached by the village in Medieval times and still today testified by the town planning conformation and by the presence of architectural elements of great importance, like lodges, churches, casetorri and arcades. The village is dominated by the remains of the “castrum” a series of Medieval forts dating back to the XI century, with a cylindrical castle and tower. The built up area comprises separate houses in a single central street and perpendicularly steep flights of steps called “arpaie”.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: City of Monterosso Al Mare, Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 33, 19016 Monterosso al Mare SP, Italy
From Vernazza, weather permitting you will experience a boat ride, to reach your last stop, Monterosso al Mare. It is positioned behind hills cultivated with vineyards, and olive groves encircle the village as in an embrace.
Its stupendous beaches, marvelous sheer cliffs and the crystalline waters of the sea make this little village one of the most pleasant on the eastern Ligurian coast.
Here your guide will give you all the right info/directions to spend your free time and perfectly suit all your personal needs, like food, shopping, relax, etc.
For food lovers, here you will find a variety of restaurants where you can enjoy dishes from the local gastronomy and a glass of controlled-origin-denomination white wine.
For people interested in take a dip in the crystalline waters or simply relax on the beach, at Monterosso there are some of the most beautiful beaches in Liguria, like the one at Fegina, the biggest and most convenient of the Cinque Terre and the only sand beach.
Monterosso doesn’t only offer charming views of the sea, but also an important architectural heritage. Go into the fascinating old village, with its narrow streets that smell of salt, admire the Gothic façade of the San Giovanni Battista church, the old Santa Croce oratory and the San Francesco church where there is a painting of the Crucifixion attributed to Van Dyck.
At the end of the day meet again with your travel companions and return to Florence in the late afternoon.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazzale Montelungo, Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
- Given the hilly nature and uneven ground of this location, you must be of a good fitness and health level to join this tour.
- THIS TOUR IS NOT ACCESSIBLE IF YOU HAVE WALKING DIFFICULTIES.
- This is a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you have limited mobility we highly recommend to book a private tour for your best enjoyment.
- Giving the particular nature of the area, the standard itinerary may vary depending on weather conditions, traffic, strikes, etc.
- The public boat service, along the Cinque Terre, runs from April to the 3rd week of October, subject to weather conditions. When boats are not operative, connection between villages will be by train
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to the high volume of visitors and the nature of the area, during the high season the villages and the local train/boat, could be very crowded.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We want your experience to be as comfortable and safe as possible and for this reason, we are taking all possible measures to enable you to tour safely; thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.