City Highlights and Christmas Markets Walking Tour (Private)
Discover the beauty of Oslo during the winter with a walking tour of the city's highlights. Experience the magic of Norwegian Christmas by visiting the markets with a local guide.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- In-Person guide
What's excluded :
- Tipping is not included in the tour price. Tips are appreciated but not mandatory :)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiger Sculpture, Jernbanetorget 1, Oslo 0154 Norway
You will meet your local guide by the Tiger's statue that is located in front of the Oslo Central Station. You will get the introduction to the history of Oslo, as well as the guidelines for the tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, Kirsten Flagstads Pl. 1, Oslo 0150 Norway
The tour continues to the Oslo Opera House, probably the most famous building in Oslo. You will learn about the Opera building as well as the Fjord City project and surrounding highlights.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kvadraturen Neighbourhood, Kvadraturen, Oslo 0151 Norway
The tour continues to Kvadraturen, the historic centre of Christiania where you will be able to admire the oldest buildings in Oslo.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Akershus Castle and Fortress (Akershus Slott og Festning), Festningsplassen 1, Oslo 0015 Norway
We will have a stroll through Akershus Fortress and its walls where you can have a possibility to experience one of the most beautiful views in Oslo.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Karl Johans gate, Karl Johans Gate, Oslo Norway
The first part of the tour finishes in Oslo's main boulevard, the Karl Johan Street. We will pass around Parliament building and see the National Theatre and Royal Palace from distance.
After the city exploration, we will move to the Christmas Markets. Your local guide will give you an introduction into Norwegian Christmas history, customs, food and local products that are available at the markets as well as recommendations for some further experiences. You will be able to taste some of the traditional Christmas food or warm up with a nice cup of Gløgg.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :The Tiger, Jernbanetorget, 0154 Oslo, Norway
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :Karl Johans gate 33A, 0162 Oslo, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.