City of New Orleans and Katrina Recovery Tour
Come hang out with a local for 2.5 to 3 hours and find out why they are so passionate about living in New Orleans. There has to be a reason they'd choose to live in New Orleans, a city that is almost completely under sea level, right? Find out what makes locals and tourists alike love New Orleans so deeply. They've taken the 5 most popular tours in New Orleans and combined their best elements and turned it into one of the most exciting tours the city has to offer. Create a truly memorable experience when you take the French Quarter tour, Katrina Recovery tour, Historic Cemeteries tour, Garden District tour, and New Orleans Architecture tour all together! Basically, if you're a history buff, then this tour is for you. If you're trying to figure out what to do while you're in New Orleans, well, this tour is for you too.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- You will be picked up in front of your hotel by a 15-passenger van. Please be ready outside as the the driver will arrive within 5 to 15 minutes of your scheduled time. The tour aims to be as personable and pleasurable as possible so there is usually only eight to 10 people in the van. This tour will always run, rain or shine, no matter the number of people that booked the tour. Traveling via the tour van allows you to be able to see so much more of the city since many other larger vehicles are not allowed to go deep into the French Quarter, the 9th Ward, or the Garden District. Operating with smaller groups and smaller vehicles allows for more interaction. The environment here will allow you to sit back, relax, and feel comfortable. Please ask as many questions as you want.
Some of the places you'll see include French Quarter, Frenchmen Street, Marigny Neighborhood, 9th Ward, Musician's Village, Treme Neighborhood, Esplanade Avenue, Bayou Saint John, City Park, Lake Pontchartrain, 17th Street Canal, Historic Above Ground Cemetery, Carrollton Avenue, Oldest Streetcar in the World, Saint Charles Avenue, Tulane and Loyola Universities, Garden District, Famous Homes, Magazine Street, National WWII Museum, and the Warehouse and Arts District. The tour concludes as you enter the Central Business District.
If you would prefer to be dropped off somewhere in the French Quarter, you can request to do so. Otherwise, you will be brought back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your New Orleans Metro Area Downtown/French Quarter/Warehouse District Hotel or Residence. Please call your local supplier if your hotel or residence is not listed to confirm your pick-up destination and time. We may be able to pick you up from wherever you're staying even though it's not listed.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.