City Tour and Sea Lions at Punta Loma from Puerto Madryn
In this tour you will explore the historic old city of Puerto Madryn with its shopping center, springs, scenic spots and Punta Loma, a settlement of furry sea lions followed by Playa Punta Este and Paraná, where you can see a sunken ship in mid-water. In addition to having a significant historical legacy for Patagonia, the City of Puerto Madryn is a booming urban center with modern buildings.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Natural Reserve Entrance fee
- Cruise Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Parque Historico Punta Cuevas
- Entry/Admission - Loberia de Punta Loma
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Puerto Madryn Chubut, Av. Gales 1-99, U9120 Puerto Madryn, Chubut, Argentina
The tour starts with the pick up from Puerto Madryn hotels. Time will be arranged directly with the local operator days before the excursion.
Stop At: Parque Historico Punta Cuevas, Boulevard Brown 3851, Puerto Madryn Argentina
Traveling towards the south of the city to the end of the Boulevard Alte. Brown, you can find the Punta Cuevas Area, a historical site and home of the first Welsh settlers in Chubut. The caves were the first dwelling in Puerto Madryn, which were dug by the settlers and one of the oldest in colonized Patagonia. The most ancient houses in Patagonia were built on this site. Today, an exhibition center stands and displays objects which would belong to the colonists to tell the history of the Indian and Welsh culture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monumento al Indio Tehuelche, Puerto Madryn Argentina
A few meters from there, you will find the Tehuelche Indian Monument. This place offers a panoramic view of golf Nuevo, the city with its beaches and its piers. 150 meters ahead, you will find Ecocentro,dedicated to the interpretation of marine ecosystems and the development of educational, scientific and cultural activities. You will be able to appreciate a beautiful panoramic view of the city, the beaches and the industrial park.
The ancient buildings and the church are assembled around the General San Martín square. As you advance around the last roundabout and leave the Luis Piedrabuena pier behind, you will head to Yrigoyen Street. Head up to Mosconi and reach Chalet Pujol where presently resides Oceanographic and Natural Sciences Provincial Museum.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Loberia de Punta Loma, Route 1 17 km al sur, Puerto Madryn Argentina
Continuing towards the south, 14 km over gravel road and head to the protected area of Punta Loma (pay your own entrance fee). Gain access from a view point on a cliff and head to Golf Nuevo where you will see a colony of sea-lions and colony cormorants. The area can be visited all years round, taking into account the low-tide time tables.
The tour finishes with the drop off at Puerto Madryn hotels.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Puerto Madryn, Puerto Madryn, Province of Chubut, Patagonia
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Cruise Passengers are not allowed to take this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.