City Tour Salta
Visit of the city of Salta and its surroundings, in its route it stands out from the rest of the cities of the country due to its Hispanic appearance with houses of ground floor or a single floor, narrow streets and sidewalks, framed in surrounding mountains, historical houses will be observed .
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: SALTA, Salta, Salta Province, Argentina
Visit of the city of Salta and its surroundings, in its route it stands out from the rest of the cities of the country for its Hispanic appearance with houses of ground floor or a single floor, streets and narrow paths, framed in surrounding mountains, historical houses will be observed . In itself, the city is lovely. Founded in 1582, it retains a colonial architecture framed by hills, and is ideal for getting to know an important part of the country's history and culture. We will begin our tour in the main square July 9, the Convent San Bernardo, the oldest religious building in Salta, with its portal of carob carved by aborigines, a jewel of Salta art. The San Francisco Church with its tower of 53 meters. Tall. ; Built in 1796, it combines ornamental details of baroque, Italian academic and neoclassical styles. The Cathedral with its facade that is framed in a classic Italian style, with friezes and cornices very worked, where rest the remains of the Gral. Martín Miguel de Güemes, salteño reference of the deeds of the Independence and at the same time the Cabildo where today the Historical Museum of the North. Nearby is the Church of San Francisco, one of the most beautiful Catholic temples in the North; Built in 1796, it combines ornamental details of baroque, Italian academic and neoclassical styles.
Continuing to reach San Bernardo Hill, at the foot of the hill and presiding over the city, the Monument to General Güemes is carved in stone extracted from the same hill and culminates with the equestrian figure of the hero, cast in bronze. You pass by the Catholic University, Rio Vaqueros, Castellanos Gorge, Lesser, until you reach San Lorenzo, a picturesque resting village that is very popular for enjoying the summer of Salta, located in the so-called yungas sector very close to the San Lorenzo River, at northwest of the Lerma Valley, where you can see an interesting landscape and colorful rooms as well as attractive houses.
The Quebrada de San Lorenzo is a place to appreciate with high vegetation that during summer is covered with fog, typical of the yungas area. On the return visit the Artisan Market of Salta.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.