Civil War Tour from Nashville with Lotz House, Carter House, Carnton Admission
Get an inside look at the bloodiest hours of the American Civil War on this tour from Nashville to Franklin, the site of the famous Battle of Franklin in 1864. Learn from your knowledgeable guide about the war’s dark history as you visit the Carter House and Lotz House, which still bear bullet holes and blood stains. You’ll also tour the Carnton and learn about its role during and after the war, when it became the country's largest private Confederate cemetery.
per adult from
What's included :
- Civil War & Plantation Tour from Nashville
- Round-Trip Transportation Aboard Air-Conditioned Shuttle
- Admission to Lotz House
- Admission to Carter House
- Admission to Carnton Plantation
- Free time to explore downtown Franklin or stop quickly for lunch
- Entry/Admission - Gray Line Tours
- Entry/Admission - Carter House
- Entry/Admission - Carnton
- Entry/Admission - Lotz House Museum
What's excluded :
- Lunch (Lunch is on your own in downtown Franklin)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gray Line Tours, Nashville, TN 37201
You’ll be picked up from your Nashville hotel in the morning and taken by comfortable coach to Franklin, a nearby city that played a key role in the American Civil War.
Visit sites near where the Union and Confederate armies fought and hear stories from your knowledgeable guide about the Battle of Franklin, fought on November 30, 1864 and known by many as the five bloodiest hours of the Civil War.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Carter House, 1140 Columbia Ave, Franklin, TN 37064-3617
Stop by the Carter House, located at the center of the Union position during the battle. The house and its outer buildings still show hundreds of bullet holes.
Stop At: Carnton, 1345 Eastern Flank Cir, Franklin, TN 37064-1438
Next, enjoy free time in the quaint town of Franklin to shop, eat (own expense) and view other historic sites. You will then journey to the Carnton Plantation, ordered to be a Confederate field hospital by a Southern General and then made an eternal memorial to the Confederate soldiers by the mistress of the house.
Now, the plantation is home to the largest private Confederate cemetery in the US. Tour the plantation with your guide and hear narrative descriptions about that fateful battle and the aftermath of the war. After your tour, you’ll be taken back to your Nashville hotel.
Stop At: Lotz House Museum, 1111 Columbia Ave, Franklin, TN 37064-3616
At the Lotz House, which became a hospital after the battle, see cannon ball holes and bloodstains on the floors and walls, which bear witness to the savage nature of this horrific conflict. After touring these houses, you will be able to imagine how the residents of Franklin felt when they emerged from their homes on the morning after the battle to find more than 9,500 casualties.
Departure Point :108 1st Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Lunch on your own in downtown Franklin.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Accessibility: ADA-compliant vehicles are available for most tours if you provide us with a 48-hour notice. After scheduling your tour, please contact our Dispatch Office to confirm availability.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We do not require our guests to wear face masks, but we do encourage you to wear them when you are within 6’ of another guest outside your household.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.