Class 3 Sunwapta River Rafting Adventure in Jasper
Sunwapta River – the only class 3 trip in Jasper National Park
Hone your paddling skills in the calm of the beginning before it gets wet and wild. No experience is required for this thrilling, chilling, liquid adventure. Your journey ends with a full facial glacial from The Whopper- a locally renowned wave.
Adventurers must be at least 12 years old and prepared to paddle.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- All whitewater rafting equipment
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rocky Mountain River Guides, 618 Connaught Drive, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 Canada
If you would like more information, you are always welcome to stop by our store.
Your driver will be taking photos at several locations along the river, so there’s no need for your camera or phone on the river. Pictures will be ready for purchase on a memory stick at the end of your adventure. These can be purchased directly from the bus driver, or by coming by our store.
Stop At: Sunwapta River, Improvement District No. 12, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Meet us in the townsite of Jasper and then head south along the spectacular Icefields Parkway approximately 40 km to the put-in on the Sunwapta River. The journey along the Icefileds Parkway offers stunning vistas of the Rocky Mountains and great opportunities to see some of the local wildlife. You will get to know your knowledgeable and friendly guides along the way as they provide you with information about Jasper National Park. Once at the put-in location, change into your wetsuit as your guide prepares the boats and equipment. Prior to departure on the river, your guides will provide a safety talk. All guides are trained in First Aid, CPR and are federally licensed.
The Sunwapta offers an exciting combination of fast, fun rapids, incredible scenery and abundant wildlife. It’s an hour and a half of splashes and breathtaking rocky mountain scenery. After your excitement on the water it’s back on the bus to your clothes and then to the Jasper townsite.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :RV Parking Lot, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Prepared to paddle - although no experience required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Because paper masks become ineffective when wet, and are a potential safety hazard, we are not allowing them to be worn while on the raft. If you would like to wear a mask on the boat, please bring your own cloth mask, or a buff.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.