Classic ATV Adventure with Back Country Dining
Explore the rugged Alaskan wilderness on your own 4WD ATV machine. Join your guide for a personal tour of the backcountry, basking in the surrounding scenery while traversing dry creek beds and dirt paths on an off-road adventure. Your 3-hour excursion includes a hearty meal — the perfect refuel before you hop back on board the ATV for a thrilling return to your starting point. Hotel pickup and drop-off in Healy are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Round-trip hotel transport (if option selected)
- Use of helmet, safety goggles, gloves and optional rain gear
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Enjoy complimentary transport from your Healy hotel or make your own way to Black Diamond Resort Co to begin your 4WD ATV adventure.
Meet your guide, who provides you with a safety training and information course. Go over all the functions of your vehicle, get fitted with a helmet, safety goggles, gloves, and optional rain gear then hop on board the ATV for a trial run. If you prefer not to drive your own ATV, you can join the guide as a passenger aboard their 2-person machine. Then, it’s time to head into the Alaskan wilderness.
Journey into the back country, traversing old mining trails that spill out onto the Dry Creek River Bed — an excavation site for Athabascan Indian artifacts. Stop to explore an abandoned cabin across the river, breathe in the fresh mountain air and make your way up Black Diamond Peak for spectacular views of the entire Healy Valley. Your guide fills you in on local history, flora, and fauna along the way.
Break from your off-road excitement for a hearty, back country meal. Settle in for either a full-service lumberjack breakfast with fresh-baked biscuits and gravy, thick-cut bacon, and flapjacks, or dishes that include ribs, steak, chicken and fresh salmon, depending on the time of day. Juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and adult beverages are also available.
Afterward, climb back on board your ATV machine for a wild ride back to your starting point.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 21 or older to consume alcohol
- Vegetarian food option is available; please request when booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.