Classic Crags Hike near Pikes Peak
This classic area hike is ideal for area visitors. It includes streams, aspen trees, rock formations and panoramic views, including Pikes Peak. It provides a short trail with moderate elevation gain. Your Hike for Life guide will provide information on the geology, flora, fauna and area history during your hike. They will also instruct you on the five fundamentals of front country hiking to help prepare you for your own hikes in the future.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Snacks - Your guides will provide a light snack for the hike. Guests are encouraged to bring their own lunch to enjoy at the summit.
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - Guests should bring adequate water for a two-hour hike at altitudes above 10,000 feet. To learn more visit our hiking prep page at https://www.hikeforlife.co/prehike-prep
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Crags Trail Head, 615 Teller Co Rd 62, Divide, CO 80814, USA
The Crags Trail is a classic Colorado 5-mile out and back trail located near Divide, Colorado on a great path that starts at 10,000 feet and follows portions of Four Mile Creek through lush meadows, aspen and pine trees ending at a rocky outcropping with amazing views in all directions. At the high point of 10,800' you'll summit a windswept dome and have views of the Rampart Range, Ute Pass, the Catamount reservoirs and twisted Bristlecone pines.
This is the perfect hike for visitors the Colorado Springs area because it is not too long and the altitude is more manageable than on Pikes Peak summit.
Pass By: Pikes Peak - America's Mountain, 5069 Pikes Peak Highway, Cascade, CO
You will get rare views of the West side of Pikes Peak from the trail.
Stop At: Pike National Forest, Fairplay, CO 80440
You will hike in pristine portions of Pike National Forest.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :3163 Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/7/2020 - 7/30/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Return Detail :Crags Trail Head, 615 Teller Co Rd 62, Divide, CO 80814, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Unprepared dirt and rock trail
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please contact us for our modified COVID-19 hiking safety measures.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.