Classic Experience Etna and Alcantara
Explore Mount Etna on tour from Catania! You will be introduced to the landscapes and geology of the Volcano from our naturalistic and passionate guide.
Following a hiking route up to 2000 meters, you will have the chance to admire forests, craters, lava formations, and scenic views of the mountain.
You will visit a volcanic cave using the equipment provided from us (helmets and torches).
After the trekking, you will stop at a nice Chalet, where you will enjoy a rustic lunch made with local products (starter and first course) together with a good glass of Sicilian red wine. It is possible to arrange, upon request, a suitable dish to vegetarians and coeliacs.
Then we will move to the amazing Alcantara River Gorges to discover more of Sicily's natural beauty.
The tour is in Italian and English. Upon request also in Spanish and French.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport service via Jeep or minibus from Catania
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Trekking shoes, jackets, helmets and torches
- Entrance ticket for Alcantara Park
- Entry/Admission - Le Gole dell'Alcantara
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Mt Etna (Northern-East side) at 2000 meters.
You will trek on the Northern-East Side of Mt Etna, passing by Crateri Sartorius.
You will explore a cave of volcanic origins, with helmets and torches provided by us.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Le Gole dell'Alcantara, Strada Provinciale 7, Castiglione di Sicilia, Sicily Italy
Enjoy one of the most beautiful Sicilian's attractions: Alcantara Gorges
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Etna Experience, Piazza Federico di Svevia, 32, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure from Piazza Federico di Svevia 32 in Catania. (We guarantee also a pick up at an agreed meeting point upon booking).Airports
- Fontanarossa Airport, Catania, Sicily Italy
- Port WINTER Coffee, Banchina Centrale, Via Cardinale Dusmet, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- English and Italian guide are always available, French and Spanish are subject to availability. Upon booking, we will confirm you if the language required is available.
- Trekking shoes are mandatory. We can provide trekking shoes and jackets for free if requested at the time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan, celiac option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.