Classic Half-Day Wine Tour in Frascati
Discover all the best Frascati has to offer from its charming city center, beautiful views and vineyards, an historic family-run winery, and fresh local cuisine. This half-day tour from Rome will stimulate your senses and rejuvenate your spirit. Frascati is an easy 25 minute train ride from Rome and is part of the Castelli Romani or ‘Roman Castles. Things move at a slower pace in Frascati. Nowhere is this fact better represented than in the the way food is produced and prepared. Porchetta is cooked in a wood burning oven for over 8 hours. The olive oil is extra virgin and cold pressed. The pasta is all hand-made. Our wine is still made with ancient techniques first used by the Romans. Here, the local baker, winemaker, tavern owner, and restaurant owner all value organic and locally sourced products. Not because its trendy, but because it’s tradition!
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Local specialties like wine cookies & jug wine at the historic bakery in the center of town. Fresh sourdough bread, our EVOO, pizza & porchetta sandwiches, pecorino cheese & honey and flowers
- Alcoholic Beverages - Three (n.3) boutique Frascati DOC or DOCG wines (white, red sweet), jug wine at the tavern in town, and your favorite wine from the tasting at lunch. More house wine at lunch for 5 euro/litre ;)
- Lunch - Lunch begins with local cheeses, vegetables & different salumi and is followed by fresh homemade pasta with seasonal sauces. The meal is also served with your favorite wine from the tasting.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Membership Card with Old Frascati Food & Wine - A Cultural Association
- Entry/Admission - Frascati Centro storico
- Entry/Admission - Old Frascati Food & Wine Tours
- Entry/Admission - Ristorante La Vecchia Frasca
What's excluded :
- Train tickets from Rome (2.20 euro each way on Trenitalia.it)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Frascati Centro storico, Da Via del Tuscolo, Frascati Italy
Discover all the best Frascati has to offer from its charming city center, beautiful views and vineyards, an historic family-run winery, and fresh local cuisine. This half-day tour from Rome will stimulate your senses and rejuvenate your spirit. Frascati is an easy 25 minute train ride from Rome and is part of the Castelli Romani or ‘Roman Castles’.
Frascati, which has been famous for its wines since the time of Ancient Rome, is an easy 25 minute train ride from Rome.
Your guide will meet you at 10:20 AM at Frascati Train Station. (4:20 PM for the evening tour and 5:20 PM during the hottest summer months).
The train for Frascati leaves every morning from Rome Termini at 9:49 AM (3:54 PM for the evening tour) and costs just 2.10 euro.
Learn about the history of Frascati while tasting local products like slow-roasted pork and Frascati jug wine. Meet local artisans and shop owners who are eager to share their stories. Feel like a local while accompanied by your guide who lives in Frascati and knows everybody in town!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Old Frascati Food & Wine Tours, Via Frascati Colonna, 25, 00044 Frascati RM, Italy
After your tour around the town you will be accompanied to one of the oldest family-run wineries in Frascati.
Tour our beautiful artisanal Frascati Vineyard and 16th century Farmhouse and Winery accompanied by the winemaker. Learn about how the artisanal winemaking tradition has been kept alive by a devotion to traditional winemaking techniques, incorporated into the production of our modern DOCG wines. Explore a deep wine cave which dates back to the times of Ancient Rome.
Taste our three wines; Frascati Superiore DOCG, Red Vagnolo IGT and Sweet Cannellino DOCG.
Each wine is described in detail by our licensed sommelier and is accompanied by freshly baked goods picked up from the bakery in the center of Frascati during the tour of town. You will also enjoy our delicious extra virgin olive oil.
Sit and relax while sipping your wine in a beautiful setting with amazing views of Rome in the distance.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ristorante La Vecchia Frasca, Via G. Buttarelli, 12, 00044 Frascati RM, Italy
After the vineyard, lunch will be served in a charming Osteria back in the center of Frascati. After lunch you can walk back to the Frascati train station which returns to Rome at every :36 past the hour (until 20:36)
Lunch (or dinner) begins with local cheeses, vegetables & different salumi and is followed by fresh homemade pasta with seasonal sauces. The meal is also served with your favorite wine from the tasting.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :00044 Frascati, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/1/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday: 09:30 AM - 02:30 PM Tuesday: 09:30 AM - 02:30 PM Wednesday: 09:30 AM - 02:30 PM Thursday: 09:30 AM - 02:30 PM Friday: 09:30 AM - 02:30 PM Saturday: 08:30 AM - 02:30 PM Sunday: 09:30 AM - 02:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.