Classic Ice Cave Experience from Reykjavik
Explore the natural environment on, around, and within Langjökull glacier and its man-made ice cave on this full-day experience from Reykjavik. You'll see the surface of the ice cap and what lies below as you're taken deep into the glacier, then choose between seeing the famous Hraunfossar waterfall or relax in the small village of Húsafell. You will be accompanied by a guide, and you can learn more information from personal touch-screen audio guides on board the bus. Hotel pickup and drop-off is not included, your tour will start from Reykjavík Terminal, centrally located at Skógarhlíð 10 unless you have chosen to be picked up at your accommodation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All activities
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Langjokull Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Hraunfossar
- Entry/Admission - Into the Glacier
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Langjokull Glacier, Iceland
You will go on a short 35-45 minute ride to the top of the glacier from Húsafell, from which you will descend into the ice cave to witness the wonders of Iceland's second-largest glacier from the inside. You will spend approx 2 & 1/2 hours on the glacier with transfers to the glacier. But be aware that this depends on conditions on the glacier.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Hraunfossar, Road 518, Husafell 311 Iceland
Crystal clear water that emerges from the volcanic rock lava field and falls down into Hvitá (white river), a beautiful turquoise glacial river steaming from the Langjökull glacier.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Into the Glacier, Húsafell, Iceland
To get to the Ice Cave we ride in a huge specially-modified truck. Once you arrive at the entrance to the ice cave, you will walk down into the man-made glacial cave and spend about 1 hour walking inside the glacier.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats are mandatory on our tours you can get them from us for free.
- Make sure to order infant seat at least 24 hours prior to the tour from the operator
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.