Classic old town Aix-en-Provence history, kings, culture - half day private tour
Tour summary - classic old town Aix-en-Provence - see the iconic sights of Aix-en-Provence including the baroque and rococo 17th & 18th-century hôtels particular in the Quartier Mazarin, stroll on Cours Mirabeau an avenue shaded by rows of lush plane trees, mansions & restaurants. Wander and notice the city’s famous fountains many Roman springs that have been hydrating Aix for thousands of years. We will visit the gardens of Pavillon Vendôme, La cathédrale Saint-Sauveur, Le Tour de l'Horloge & l'Hotel de Ville, built in 1510 and the adjoining Provençal markets and a number of local shops selling high quality local produce.
Highlights: Wander & discover the old town of Aix-en-Provence Visit the gardens of the Pavillon Vendôme and the Cathédrale St Saveur. Enjoy the elegant surroundings of the towns numerous squares, historic buildings and fountains. Admire the elegant architecture of the Quartier Mazarin. Experience the bustling vibe of a busy market as you become an Aixoise for a day.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - We always include a break for a coffee, tea or soft drink on all our visits - it's a nice way to relax during our visit
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pavillon de Vendome, 13 rue de la Molle, 13100, Aix-en-Provence France
We visit the gardens of the 17th century château on our walk.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cathedrale St. Sauveur, Place des Martyrs de la Resistance, Aix-en-Provence France
Visit the historic cathedral in the centre of the old town
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Apple Aix-en-Provence, 2 Place Du GéNéral De Gaulle, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a walking tour of this location lasting 3-4 hours duration and at a gentle pace
- Most travelers can participate
- IMPORTANT Health & Safety: Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and in particular our hired vehicles and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests. Social Distancing - Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE, if required to do so. The driver of a hired mini-bus will wear a mask as will our driver/guide whilst in the vehicle together. We recommend our guests to do likewise. Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Please see special note regarding our full Health & Safety policy
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.