Classic Walk in Budapest Historical Center
Visit the famous monuments of Pest inner city, the central area of the Hungarian capital, guided in English or other languages. The main attractions of the visit are St. Stephen's Basilica and the Hungarian Parliament building. You will see many dramatic monuments of the freedom fights of a brave nation as well as the traces of cruel invasions and dictatorships of the 20th century.
You local tour guide will tell you many legends and stories and inform you about Hungarian traditions and various aspects of the life and current situation in Hungary. All questions are welcome and happily answered.
The tour lasts 2 hours normally. It is optimal for people who would like to get a general introduction to the city and advices to get their bearings.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live tour guiding
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Pesti Vigado
- Entry/Admission - St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika)
- Entry/Admission - Hungarian Parliament Building
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vaci Street, Vaci St, Budapest 1056 Hungary
You will enjoy the atmosphere of the famous pedestrian shopping street of Budapest.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Korzo - Danube Embankment (Dunakorzo), Marcius 15 ter-Roosevelt ter, Budapest V Hungary
You will walk along the "Blue Danube", the biggest river of the European Union. The river view with the historical bridges and Buda Castle on the opposite side is considered one of the most beautiful urban views of the world.
Stop At: Pesti Vigado, Vigado ter 2., Budapest 1051 Hungary
You will see the beautiful dance palace of the Hungarian aristocracy built in the 1860's in Hungarian Romantic style.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Vorosmarty Square (Vorosmarty ter), Vorosmarty ter, Budapest Hungary
You will reach the end of the pedestrian street to find this nice square surrounded by some of the best pastry shops and cafe terraces of the city.
Stop At: Elizabeth Square, Erzsebet ter near Deák Ferenc tér, Budapest 1051 Hungary
You will walk across the park and explore the Danube Fountain monument and the giant ferris wheel.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika), Szent Istvan ter 1, Budapest 1051 Hungary
You will admire the huge basilica and hear the story of its building and symbolism.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Szabadsag Ter, Budapest 1054 Hungary
You will see the dramatic monuments of the Nazi and Soviet occupations and dictatorships as well as the miraculous fountain (during the warm season).
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Kossuth Lajos Square, Budapest Hungary
You will see the memories of the Hungarian freedom heroes and the 1956 revolution against the Communist dictatorship.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hungarian Parliament Building, Kossuth Ter 1-3, Budapest 1055 Hungary
You will admire the most magnifiecent pariliament building of the world with its amazing history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Molnár's kürtőskalács, Budapest, Váci u. 31, 1052 Hungary
Return Detail :Hungarian Parliament Building, Budapest, Kossuth Lajos tér 1-3, 1055 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- COVID safety information: The tour guide will wear a protective mask if required by travellers. It will be a transparent face mask, so the tour guide's face and mouth will be totally visible. The tour guide will offer an anti-virus hand spray in case any participants need it. Social distance will be observed during the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. We keep up to date with the latest news.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.