Classic Wilderness Skiing in the Pyhä-Luosto National Park
Ski through the unbroken snow in forest like a local! The most genuine activity in Lapland, rewarding also for the absolute beginner. A guide will be delighted to instruct you the safe and fun wilderness skiing technique.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guiding and storytelling
- Use of Altai skis, ski poles and other gear, such as gaiters
- Hot berry beverages
What's excluded :
Not a snowshoe nor a traditional long back country ski – but a cross-breed with best of the both worlds. A wide, short, agile ski makes it easy to travel across thick snowfields. No previous skiing experience required for enjoying gliding across the puffy snowfields. Exploring Arctic forest was never so easy and effortless!
The Classic Wilderness Skiing Tour lasts two and half hours. The tour can and will be tailored based on the clients' request. Guide will give a knowledgeable presentation about the Arctic nature and the old Lappish beliefs.
Altai ski is a short, easy-to-use forest ski that combines the best features of a snowshoe. With a partial climbing skin integrated into the base, the ski climbs with ease. The skin also makes the ski slower and easier to control than traditional skis. The ski’s short, wide design makes it incredibly maneuverable, ideal for thick woods and variable terrain, a truly all-purpose backcountry tool.
• Pyhatunturi, Pyhatunturi, Lapland
• Pyha-Luosto National Park, Luontotie 1, Pyhatunturi 98530 Finland
Departure Point :Hotel Pyhätunturi, Kultakeronkatu 21, 98530 Pyhätunturi, Finland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.