Cliffs of Moher, Burren and Wild Atlantic Way day tour from Galway city
This breath taking scenic tour includes 2 hours at the iconic Cliffs of Moher, to explore, walk, photograph, relax and take in all this world famous site has to offer. Departing Galway, your local driver guide heads to the western coastline’s famous touring route-the Wild Atlantic Way, travelling past harbours, working farms, medieval ruins, 16th-century tower houses and stone churches. Our 1st stop is the medieval Dunguaire Castle, then onto the glacio-karst landscape of the Burren, passing the 12th century Cistercian Corcomroe Abbey. Following the Wild Atlantic way, we start to see the 3 Aran Islands. Onto Doolin pier for a photo stop and a chance to feel the wild Atlantic wind in your face. Then time for lunch at Doolin Hotel-try their delicious local sea food dishes! Arriving at the Cliffs of Moher, take a stroll along the summit of the Cliffs and witness the spectacular views of huge ocean and sky. We return to Galway via Lisdoonvarna, famous for its annual match making festival.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Entrance ticket to the Cliffs of Moher
- Entry/Admission - Cliffs of Moher
What's excluded :
- Cruise to base of Cliffs of Moher
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cliffs of Moher, Lislorkan North, Liscannor Ireland
Departing Galway city in the morning, you will receive detailed directions to the meet point upon booking. This unique tour gives you a minimum 5-hour stop at the Cliffs of Moher. (Wild Atlantic Way – Signature Point). If you’re into walking, photography, exploring or quite simply wish to take your time and enjoy a day at the world famous Cliffs of Moher, this is the tour for you. Your local driver guide will take you on a scenic journey along the Wild Atlantic Way, through the lunar-like landscape of the Burren and on to the Cliffs of Moher. Heading towards the Cliffs of Moher you will pass through the picturesque villages of Clarenbridge, Kilcolgan, Ballindereen, Kinvara, Ballyvaughan and Doolin.
Along the way you will see Medieval ruins, 16th century tower house castles, churches and graveyards, dry stone walls, quays and harbours, ponies, horses, calves, cows, lambs, sheep and maybe even a leprechaun or two! Turing right at Ballyvaughan, your local driver guide will take you south following the Wild Atlantic Way along the coast of Clare, via BlackHead (Wild Atlantic Way – Discovery Point) lighthouse, Fanore Strand (Wild Atlantic Way – Discovery Point) and the baby cliffs of Ballyreen. From here you can witness the power of the Atlantic Ocean as it battles the coastline of Ireland, this is the Wild Atlantic Way.
Just before midday, you will arrive at the Cliffs of Moher where your local, driver guide will present you with your complimentary ticket to the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre: the Atlantic Edge. Now you’ll have a minimum of 5 hours to spend as you wish at the Cliffs of Moher.
At approx. 4.30pm you will depart Cliffs of Moher and return to Galway via Lisdoonvarna, home to the world famous matchmaking festival held every September and once again through the limestone, glacio-karst landscape that makes up the Burren.
At 6.30pm you will arrive back to Galway city and the initial departure point.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Merchants Road, stop 524501, Galway, Co. Galway, Ireland
Traveler pickup is offered
Approved Bed & Breakfast and GuesthousesPorts
- Kinlay Hostel Galway, Merchants Road, Eyre Square, Galway, H91 F2 KT, Ireland
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important: A voucher (additional to Viator voucher) will be supplied after booking with departure times, departure point, directions and details. Please print out and bring with you to validate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 55 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.