Climb to Musala Summit (2925m)
• Take the trek to the rooftop of the Balkan Peninsula
• Admire one of the most beautiful alpine landscapes in Bulgaria
• Be fascinated by fantastic panoramas and superb natural views
per adult from
What's included :
- Transfer from Sofia to Borovets resort and back;
- English-speaking guide
- All transportation and parking costs
What's excluded :
- Meals and beverages
- Chairlift tickets
- Hotel pick up
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Aleksander Nevski Square, Sofia Bulgaria
The meeting point of the tour is behind Alexander Nevski Cathedral, at the parking lot just in front of "La Cattedrale" restaurant.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Borovets Ski Resort, Borovets Bulgaria
The transfer from Sofia to Borovets is about an hour and a half. Borovets is the oldest ski resort in Bulgaria. From there we will take the cabin lift "Yastrebets Express" for about 30 mins to reach the peak of Yastrebets (2369 m/7772.31 ft). This is the starting point of our walk to the Musala peak.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Musala Peak, Rila National Park, Rila 2010 Bulgaria
During the hike to the Musala Peak, fabulous vistas will open in front of you. Musala is the highest peak on the Balkan Peninsula and some say that in clear weather, even the Aegean Sea can be seen from there.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- TOUR LOGISTICS
- 7:00 am (Back side of Alexander Nevski Cathedral)
- 3 hrs
- 5-6 hrs (few steep parts; good physical condition is needed)
- mid-June - mid-September (Wednesday-Sunday)
- there are two huts on our way where we can purchase some basic food (i.e. beans soup, meatballs, French fries, tea, pancakes, chocolate bars), but if you come prepared with a sandwich or two we can stop at any place to enjoy our food.
- the hiking route is moderately to very arduous, with some short stages rather steep. Some parts of the trail pass through stones. Please bring along comfortable hiking boots with good ankle support if possible. Sandals and flip-flops are not accepted. Rain jacket might be useful in summer as heavy showers sometimes occur in the afternoons.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.