Coasteering in Caloura (Sao Miguel - Azores)
With our Coasteering tours, you can explore the beautiful coastline of the island of São Miguel and some of its various bays and caves, using various methods (among which: exciting jumps from remarkable cliffs, some moments of controlled climbing, dives, and refreshing baths directly in the ocean).
per adult from
What's included :
- Accredited guides;
- All Coasteering equipment (wetsuits, socks, life jacket, helmet and shoes);
- Photos / Videos;
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen).
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and Drop-off (unless respective option is chosen).
Most of our excursions take place in Caloura (central-south part of the island of São Miguel, +/- 20 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). However, if weather conditions on the south coast are not the most favorable, the tour will take place in Ribeirinha (central-northern part of the island, +/- 30 minute drive away from Ponta Delgada). In the meantime, when we arrive at the respective location, we will proceed with the equipment distribution and a quick safety briefing. On average, the tour lasts around 3 hours total, with the possibility of exploring a few caves and practice a bit of snorkeling.
Departure Point :Porto de Pescas da Caloura, Estr. Regional 1-1, 9560, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
– The Pick-up time is usually between 08:00 and 08:30 AM at your accommodation. – Consider the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for other areas, please contact us).– When the activity is over, we will leave you in the same place we picked you up.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Remember to wear swimwear and comfortable clothing.
- Bring your personal towel, water bottle, hair elastic (if applicable), and sunscreen.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.