Coastline Kayak Tour near Santa Barbara
Kayak one of the few remaining sections of undeveloped, scenic coastline in California, home to more than 1,500 plant and animal species. This popular, 3-hour kayaking trip features regular wildlife encounters, beautiful coastal views and some time to swim (optional).
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Knowledgeable guide and discussion of natural history/marine ecology
- Kayaking gear (wetsuit, paddle jacket, PFD, and helmet)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Transportation to meeting point
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity for your guide(s) - While optional it is very much appreciated and to be given at your discretion in return for their leadership, expertise, and professionalism.You can tip the guide in cash or via credit card at the end of your tour as you feel appropriate.
Your guide will outfit the members of your group and offer a thorough kayaking lesson on shore. Once we are on the water, we will tour a total of 3 miles, stopping in pristine kelp beds to learn about Marine Ecology and the Santa Barbara Channel, and hopefully kayaking with dolphins and sea lions.
Departure Point :Haskell's Beach, Goleta, CA 93117, USA
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If your contact number is international, please include your email address in the comment section.
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- What you will need:
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A full water bottle. One liter or larger - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle
- A hat with a brim.
- A beach towel
- Beach shoes or flips.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- Sweatshirt or sweater and a dry change of clothes
- Waterproof camera (optional)
- Lycra rashguard. (optional)
- Neoprene booties. (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Santa Barbara Adventure Co. is actively following regulations and directives of county, state, and federal authorities to mitigate the possibility of COVID-19 exposure. The health and safety of our guests and staff are our top priorities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.