Coba Sunset Tour with Mayan Villages or Ziplining Plus Show and Dinner
This daylong, small-group tour is like a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book: visit the Mayan city of Coba by bicycle, explore the ancient ruins, and climb up a pyramid for panoramic views. Then, choose to zipline and swim in a "cenote" (underwater cave) or take a ceramics workshop to learn some of the secrets of Mayan culture. Enjoy a buffet dinner of regional specialties, wine, and dessert while watching a live show that includes music, dance, theater, and a traditional Mayan ball game.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Dinner - Buffet dinner
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Zip-lining (if option selected)
- Ceramic workshop (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Coba
What's excluded :
- Get picked up at your Cancun or Riviera Maya hotel between 11:30am and 1:30pm and drive approximately 2 hours to the ancient Mayan city of Coba on the Yucatan Peninsula. Participate in a 2-hour guided archaeological tour by bicycle, visiting temples and exploring winding stone pathways with your group of 15 or fewer. Climb to the top of Nohoch Mul, one of the region's tallest Mayan pyramids, and get a spectacular view (and snap a selfie!) from the apex.
Then, choose between two pre-dinner activities:
Option A: Cultural - Ceramics
Visit authentic Mayan villages and learn about how these traditional cultures craft everything from plant-based medicine to tortillas to elaborate ceremonial costumes. Learn ancient clay-making techniques during a ceramics class, and make a piece of your own to take home as a souvenir.
Option B: Adventure - Ziplining
Fly 100 feet (30 meters) over the Coba Lagoon on the region's longest zipline of 1,680 feet (512 meters). After your adrenaline-filled trip, cool off by swimming in a cenote, an underground swimming hole with crystal-clear freshwater and hundreds of stalactites and stalagmites.
After having fun culturally or outdoors, enjoy a typical regional meal of fresh salad, lobster or chicken, rice, beans, pasta, sauces, bread, and tortillas. Sip on aguas frescas and wine, and sample homemade flan for dessert. During dinner, take in a live show with music and dancing, an authentic Mayan ball game, and an acted scene from the sacred Mayan book, the Popol Vuh. Relax during the drive home, and get dropped back off at your hotel around 8:30pm to conclude the tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Between 11:30 and 1:30 (Depending on your hotel location)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum age to drink wine is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.