Ghana Cocoa Trail
Learn about Cocoa in Ghana that began in 1870, when Tetteh Quarshie undertook a voyage to the Spanish colony Fernando Po.
Years later he returned to Ghana with several cocoa beans, planted the seeds at Mampong and made history.
Ghana is now the world's second-largest cocoa-producing country after Cote dÍvoire.
Join this trail also to learn about the wonderful stuff chocolate is made of
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation to and from your preferred pickup/dropoff points
- An experienced English speaking driver/guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: BlasTours, Mile Seven, Accra Ghana
You will be picked up from your lodging/airport for a trip through the picturesque and mountainous Akwapim ridge.
On arrival, we visit to the Tetteh Quarshie Farm, the birthplace of cocoa in Ghana. This experimental farm from 1878 was the main force behind Ghana becoming the number one producer of Cocoa from 1910 to 1980.
Continue to the Cocoa Research Institute of Ghana (CRIG) for a guided tour through the range of laboratories and experimental cocoa farms. Here, we will learn about the wonderful stuff made from cocoa.
Return to Accra after lunch at a local restaurant.
* This tour takes place from Mondays to Fridays only
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation to and from your preferred pickup/dropoff points
Departure Time :
08:00am Monday to Friday
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.