Cocooning in the HaliPuu forest: The ultimate Arctic hammock relaxation
Come and enjoy our award winning hammock cocooning in the peaceful, soothing atmosphere of the HaliPuu - hugging forest. Leave your worries and stress behind and sway gently in a cosy nest between the trees - this is what Lapland is about!
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Beverages (warm blueberry soup)
- Snacks (a savory snack)
- Activities as described
What's excluded :
- Transportation to Veitservasa
- We do not provide overalls, please come warmly dressed
- ***A WINNER OF VISIT FINLAND AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE AWARD 2018***
Our 2h Cocooning experience starts in Veitservasa, a place full of stories and family history. We walk through Raekallio family's old woodlands, and hear how the forest’s history is intertwined with the events of the 1900’s. We experience the trees, marvel at the stillness of the nature and breathe in world’s cleanest air.
After a 500 m walk we arrive at the HaliPuu – hugging tree forest. Pappa, an old lumberjack and the owner of the woods, saved it from harvesting and now the century-old pine-trees are being adopted by people from around the world. Can you spot the cocoons among the trees?
During the walk our specialist guide takes you through calming exercises designed to bring you into the here and now. When you feel ready, you are tucked into your hammock-nest for the ultimate forest relaxation. There is nothing to accomplish, nothing to perform. You are free to just be.
Afterwards we share a traditional warm blackcurrant juice and a savory snack.
We head back the same route, but this time at a bit different tempo – we are now in the rhythm of the forest.
*Finnish people have been drawing their health from the forests for centuries. We have been going into the woods for stress release and healing even before the modern research into the medicinal qualities of trees. Nowadays we know that the phytoncides emitted by pine trees take down the cortisol and adrenaline levels of the body, decrease the blood pressure and increase the white cell count. Just a couple of hours in the forest can bring health benefits that last for weeks.*
Departure Point :Muoniontie 950, 99135 Kittilä, Finland
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A weight limit of 150 kg applies for safety reasons.
- One unheated unisex forest toilet available for the visitors
- It can get very chilly in the Arctic. During winter season, please wear layered thermal undergarments & overall / insulated trousers & jacket, warm head gear and gloves, and sturdy, warm winter shoes for this program. During summer season, please protect yourself against mosquitoes and wear sturdy walking shoes or rubber boots.
- Program is not operated under -23°C or in stormy wind conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.