An excellent cup of coffee goes beyond the coffee maker and the Barista. On this tour, we will unveil what's behind a cup of coffee and learn about the economic and social benefits that this crop entails for the local families in the community.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- We start the tour at 09:00 am from your hotel in the urban area of Matagalpa. We will be able to experience the traditional process from seed to cup, as we visit the farm and brew the seeds in a wood stove. For one day, we will be part of the daily life of coffee farmers; learn about their main struggles and joys, international and local market as well as sustainability.
The tour includes: Transportation, bilingual guide, local guide, lunch, entrance fees.
Bring: Water, sun protection, bug-spray, rain gear
Note: If there's only one participant in the tour the tour will be in public transportation
Departure Point :Matagalpa Tours
Departure Time :Mondays, Wednesday & Friday at 9:AM
Return Detail :Matagalpa Tours Office, your selected hotel or if you need, the bus station.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.