Coffee Tour 3 in 1 (Coffee Chocolate and sugar cane)
The tour begins with a brief insight into the wonderful world of coffee followed by the history of Costa Rican coffee and its importance in the socio-economic development. Later on during the tour we will cover other aspects of the Costa Rican culture and traditions.
The tour starts with an introduction to the life cycle of a coffee plant starting with the coffee seed itself and taking a look at its fascinating evolutionary cycle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- The tour begins with a brief insight into the wonderful world of coffee followed by the history of Costa Rican coffee and its importance in the socio-economic development. Later on during the tour we will cover other aspects of the Costa Rican culture and traditions. The tour starts with an introduction to the life cycle of a coffee plant starting with the coffee seed itself and taking a look at its fascinating evolutionary cycle. Coffee Picking: You will learn about the ways that the coffee cherries are picked, the lifestyle of the workers that carry out this task, their stories and the immigration that occurs during the harvest season. When the coffee cherries are ready to be picked (from November to February) this activity can be performed by the visitors. De-pulping Machine: You will get to see the way the pulp of the coffee cherry was traditionally removed, the washing process of the mucilage that is found underneath the pulp and the separation of the first class coffee beans from the rest. The Drying Patio: The hot and dry climate allows the coffee beans to be spread out on a large, cement patio in order to dry naturally under the sun. The Warehouse and the Coffee Roaster: In the warehouse the coffee beans are stored in big, fiber sacks allowing the beans to breathe and complete their aging process. The selection of coffee beans, the roasting process and the final packaging of the Don Juan coffee is also carried out here. A Ride in a Typical Ox Cart: You will get the option to take a ride in a typical ox cart experiencing the exact way our ancestors use to travel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- La confirmación será recibida en el momento de la reserva
- Se requiere un mínimo de 2 personas por reserva
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.