Coffee tour, a coffee between mountains.
It is a unique experience that will allow you not only to distract yourself outside the city, but to admire beautiful landscapes over the central Colombian mountain range, to live the crops in all their stages; relate to the Colombian peasant and his lifestyle; but above all learning to prepare a delicious cup of coffee. The farm you will visit has over 50 years growing specialty coffees. The crops are at a height above 1800 meters above sea level, which makes the grain sweeter and softer. We offer you a whole transfer of knowledge of the process of cultivation, harvesting, fermentation, washing and drying of coffee from its origin that you will never forget.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- We will take you from the city of Medellín to the municipality of San Jerónimo in a traditional vehicle of the Paisa and coffee culture. To get to the farm and crops you must
- Walk for 30 to 40 minutes; during this journey it is possible to admire landscapes of mountains, cassava crops, bananas, among others; and perform bird and wild flora sighting.
- Upon arrival we will taste a delicious snack with products made or grown in the area.
- Then comes the activity "become a collector", where a tour of the crops is made and the visitor is allowed to harvest mature coffee beans, which will then be taken to the beneficiary.
- Live the experience of the process of pulping, fermentation, washing and drying of coffee; We will show you the secrets that allow you to obtain high quality mountain coffee such as Café Tribu.
- We will gather around a special coffee tasting that will be prepared by different methods or coffee makers; and we will teach you to prepare a coffee in the paisa style.
- Finally we will have time for lunch or lunch.
Return to the city of Medellín
• San Jeronimo, San Jeronimo, Antioquia Department
• Colombian sweat - Typical Colombian dish that takes dad, yucca and meat; It is accompanied with rice and green salad.
• sancocho - Typical Colombian dish (soup) that has potatoes, cassava, bananas and meats. It is accompanied with avocado or banana and some rice.
Departure Point :Estadio, Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/1/2020 - 10/29/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.