Coffin Bay Oyster Farm & Tasting Tour
Wade out into the water, sit at our semi submerged tour deck 'The Salt Water Pavilion' which is located right in a working commercial Oyser farm. Hear from the Oyster Farmer himself (Ben) about how oysters grow and Oyster farming practices. Taste the freshest and most famous Coffin Bay Oysters youve ever tasted, straight out of the water!
A very unique culinary adventure, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Choose from the options list to add a glass of Riesling & extra oysters; a bottle of Champagne & extra oysters; or Champagne + extra oysters + seafood share platter.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Protective clothing (waterproof waders) supplied.
- Entry/Admission - Oyster Farm Tours - Coffin Bay
What's excluded :
- You may wish to bring your own water bottle in hot weather.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oyster Farm Tours - Coffin Bay, 100 Esplanade, Coffin Bay SA 5607, Australia
Climb into waders (supplied), and hear from the Oyster Farmer himself who will first take you on a historical adventure explaining Matthew Flinders voyage. Wade out into the water to our floating pontoon where you will learn about how oysters are farmed, and taste the freshest oysters you'll ever taste, straight out of the water. You'll have a chance to taste Pacific Oysters and the Native Coffin Bay Angasi Oyster. You'll also have a hands-on shucking lesson where you will learn to shuck your very own oyster. You'll have the chance to ask lots of questions, and by the time you leave you'll be an oyster officionardo!
Not all tour times are listed on here. For availability and all tour timings you can check and book via oysterfarmtours dot com dot au
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :100 Esplanade, Coffin Bay SA 5607, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable clothing as youll be putting waterproof waders on over the top of what you wear. Bring a waterproof camera if you have one, and a pair of socks to help you get into/ out of the waterproof waders. As we will be out in the water, please dress to the weather conditions on the day. Ie if its hot please bring a hat, for cooler weather it would be beneficial to bring a jacket. In winter you may choose to wear a scarf and beanie.
- Coffin Bay is a beautiful seaside town, in a rural setting, with an abundance of wildlife. Kangaroos and Emus can often be seen wandering down the main street. If you've not already arranged accommodation we recommend staying right in Coffin Bay, rather than Port Lincoln. There is an abundance of holiday homes available with fantastic waterfront views of our beautiful bay, for short term rental via www.coffinbayholidayhomes.com.au, www.coffinbayholidayrentals.com.au, or check out options on Stayz or Air BNB.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please declare any seafood allergies
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.