Colca Canyon Excursion One Day
Discover the dramatic beauty of the Colca Canyon on an exciting two-day tour from Arequipa. Explore a fascinating natural formation twice as deep as the Grand Canyon of the USA.
With an experienced guide; Visit an intriguing wildlife reserve to find various species; and admire the beautiful colonial architecture of two highland towns.
Walk on the base of a colossal volcano and admire the spectacular views of the impressive landscapes of Peru during this enriching experience. Transportation and two lunches are included in the price of the trip, however, accommodation must be purchased separately.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup.
- Tourist transportation.
- Visit to all places mencioned
What's excluded :
- Taxes: Peruvians (20 PEN), Latam (40 PEN), Non-Latin Foreigners (70 PEN).
- Entrance to the La Calera thermal baths (15 PEN per person).
- Gifts, souvenirs or personal purchases.
- Entry/Admission - Colca Canyon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colca Canyon, Peru
Prior coordination with the passenger will be agreed the exact time to pick it up from your hotel.
After a trip of 3 hours approx. We will arrive to Chivay where we will have breakfast and we will have instructions from the guide to get to the Mirador de la Cruz del Cóndor.
45 minutes more in transport and we will arrive at the main point where we can observe the wonderful and deep of the canyon.
We will stay 1.5 hrs. approx. to take pictures appreciating the splendor of the Condor with a width of 3.5 meters and approximately 11 kg; Condors female, male, young and adults, all explained by the guide.
We will return by visiting natural viewpoints and tasting the Sancayo ice cream.
We will make a stop for those who wish to enter the thermal baths or zipline or hike around, filled with the magic of the valley. This stop will be about 1 hour.
Then we will have time to have lunch.
We will start our return trip to Arequipa, not before stopping at attractive points on the road such as the Patapampa viewpoint, where there are thaws, as well as a wonderful view of the snowcapped mountains and many volcanoes that surround the city of Arequipa.
We will stop at a part of the National Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca to observe camelids in their different variety and the environment that surrounds them.
Finally we will meet Patahuasi, where they can have a coca tea or buy some crafts. You can also see the back of the Misti, contemplating its great height and fullness of image. Your front is already known in the same city when we return.
We finish the tour in the Historic Center of the city a few blocks from the Plaza de Armas.
Return time approx. between 5:30 pm. and 6:00 p.m.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
MEETING POINT:Arequipa: Pick up from their respective hotels.Always in the center of the city and prior coordination with the operator.For places outside those limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or meeting point or additional cost.
Departure Time :3:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The tours detailed in itinerary are provided in shared service.
- Valid to buy from Monday to Sunday, including holidays and business days.
- The seats in the transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.