Colombian Emerald Trader Experience
100% Colombian. Get to know the emerald industry from the inside with a two hour adventure where you'll experience emeralds from the raw to the gem.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Emerald Trade Center, Av. Jimenez De Quesada #Avenida Jimenez # 5-43, Bogotá, Colombia
On the first stop Wilson Murcia master cutter will explain the chemical elements that make up an emerald and its physical and chemical characteristics. You'll get to see raw emeralds and experience the whole cutting process.
The next stop is the Emerald Trade Center, where the anthropological dynamics of the business are explained. There, you'll get to know one of the purchasing offices of our own company and see real negotiations. The third stop is on a artisan jewelry workshop, you will be able to learn about the manufacture of handmade jewels, metal smelting and see finished pieces.
Our last stop is on the Emerald Nation private office, where you will get to know high-value stones and collectible specimens of the Colombian Emerald Museum Corporation, and have exclusive access to a private collection stones that most visitors cannot access.
Finally, test your newly acquired knowledge and identify the most expensive stones or how much a jewel or a stone could cost. You will also have the opportunity to buy stones and support a foundation that supports people in the Emerald mining area of Colombia.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Av. Jimenez De Quesada ##5-43, Bogotá, Colombia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.