Colonial Flintlock Musket Experience
The experience starts with a hands-on overview of the firearm technology in the American colonial era. Your instructor has 35+ years experience in building, collecting, restoring, and using historic weapons.
You will learn not only what typical small arms of the 18th century were like, but also why they were designed the way they were, what they were capable of and what they were not capable of.
After a safety orientation, we'll walk out to our rustic shooting range where you'll get to learn the basics of how to load a colonial-style flintlock musket like the militia did over two centuries ago, then see how accurately you can fire it by shooting at a target.
Group size is limited to four.
per adult from
What's included :
- We will provide all muskets, shooting supplies, and safety gear
What's excluded :
In this 2 hour experience, guests will have an opportunity to learn about colonial history in a hands-on way.
We start off with an overview of colonial era firearms technology as explained by a professional historic gunsmith with 35 years experience. You'll learn about how these muskets were used in the 18th century and why.
Then after going over basic firearms safety and muzzleloader safety in particular, we'll go for a short walk out into the woods to our rustic shooting range where guests will learn to load and fire a replica 18th century flintlock musket at a target.
All supplies and safety gear are provided.
This is rural NH and you should dress for playing outside.
Class size is limited to four people who will actually shoot, non-shooting spectators are welcome.
Departure Point :623 Meany Rd, Charlestown, NH 03603, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.