Colorado Fourteener - Guided Hike of Mt. Shavano
Experience the thrill of hiking a fourteener the way that locals do! Aspire Mountain Tours specializes in immersive and off-the-beaten-path adventures for people who want to do more than just sight-see. Experience the raw beauty of this mountain range and it's authentic and passionate community, with our seasoned professional guides.
We are a small tour operator offering boutique style experiences for the more discerning adventurer.
- Advanced hike with plenty of opportunities to sit and take in the views
- Chance of seeing wildlife including mountain goats, marmots, eagles, and more
- Spectacular Views
- Conquering a fourteener
per adult from
What's included :
- Friendly, professional mountain guide
- Knowledge of route and local flora & fauna
- First Aid Kit
- Rescue access, coordination, and response if necessary
What's excluded :
- Guide Gratuity
- Hiking Gear (backpack, trekking poles, etc.) - Available for rent
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mt. Shavano and Tabeguache Peak, Nathrop, CO
- Mileage - 9.3 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain - 4,448 ft
- Route Type - Out & Back
- Peak Elevation - 14,232 ft
A fourteener is a mountain peak with an elevation of at least 14,000 feet and conquering one is a rite of passage for any adventurous newcomer to Colorado. We’ve handpicked the best for our guided tours - let our local and professional mountaineering guides take your group through a spectrum of spectacular views from forests to open meadows filled with wildflowers and refreshing streams. There will be time for photos, lunch, and breaks along the way. Be prepared for changing weather and trail conditions with unbeatable views that’ll be worth the calorie burn.
*This tour is not recommended for people who do not regularly exercise.
What to Bring:
- High energy snacks
- Sunscreen + SPF lip balm
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Cell phone or camera
- Backpack for gear
Reach out for a suggested list of what to wear on this hike.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :17897 US Hwy 285, Salida, CO 81201, USA
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.