Colosseum & Ancient Rome private tour, tickets, hotel pick-up/drop-off included
A private tour only for you and your family. Meet your guide to your hotel or to the address specified in your booking. We suggest you to start the tour not later than 8AM not to find a long line to enter. The guide will have your skip-the-line tickets but you still have to go through security checks. In addition to the most famous Colosseum you will visit the ruins of the Roman Forum and the Caesar Palace where emperors commissioned an imposing building where they lived until the decline of the Western Roman Empire. The largest monumental area in the world where for 13 centuries the Roman emperors and the aristocracy built Basilicas, Temples and Arches whose ruins are still visible.
You will finish your private tour (approx.11:30AM) to Piazza Venezia, the geographical center of Rome where your guide will show you where you can stop for lunch or where you can take the taxi to go back to your hotel. At the end of the tour you will pay the tickets cash directly to your guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour. We do not combine groups
- Private licensed tour guide
- Meet your guide to your hotel or private apartment
- Skip-the-line tickets of the Colosseum
- Private transfer (taxi or Uber) from/to your hotel or private apartment
What's excluded :
- Except the first Sunday of the month. Every first Sunday of the month is granted free admission to all visitors, but it is not allowed to reserve.
- Gratuities (not mandatory)
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
The Colosseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, is an oval amphitheatre. Built of travertine limestone, tuff, and brick-faced concrete, it was the largest amphitheatre ever built at the time and held 50,000 spectators. It's situated just east of the Roman Forum. Construction began under the emperor Vespasian in AD 72 and was completed in AD 80 under his successor and heir, Titus.Further modifications were made during the reign of Domitian (81–96). These three emperors are known as the Flavian dynasty, and the amphitheatre was named in Latin for its association with their family name (Flavius).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The Roman Forum, is a site located at the center of the ancient city of Rome and the location of important religious, political and social activities. Historians believe people first began publicly meeting in the open-air Forum around 500 B.C., when the Roman Republic was founded.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
From the spot where Rome was founded to the sumptuous residences of Roman emperors the Palatine Hill offers an exciting glimpse into the history of ancient Rome. According to tradition, this is where Rome was founded and where Romulus lived. The residences of emperor Augustus and his wife Livia lived were finely decorated. The first imperial palace on the Palatine Hill, started by Tiberius later expanded by members of the Julio-Claudian dynasty was almost completely erased in the 1500s by the gardens of the Farnese palace.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Piazza Venezia / Ancient City, Piazza Venezia / Ancient City, Rome, Lazio
Piazza Venezia is the central hub of Rome, Italy, in which several thoroughfares intersect, including the Via dei Fori Imperiali and the Via del Corso. It takes its name from the Palazzo Venezia, built by the Venetian Cardinal, Pietro Barbo alongside the church of Saint Mark, the patron saint of Venice
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your private tour guide to your hotel or private apartment
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is possible to book this private tour at the time you prefer. You can ask our office the time you like to start. Anyway we strongly suggest you to start the tour at 8am or at 2pm.
- Strictly forbidden to enter with backpacks, handbags and luggage because of the new safety measure.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.