Colosseum Exclusive: Underground with Ancient Rome Tour
With your expert English speaking guide, you will be taken on a passage through time, realizing the amazing historical events that occurred in this great monument. On the tour, you will skip the crowd and long ticket lines to head deep inside the walls of the Colosseum discovering its unimaginable history and events that took place, many, many, years ago. Scale the heights venturing to the highest points of the Colosseum giving you one of the most beautiful panoramic views of the centre of Rome all the while having the stories of this historic masterpiece of architecture brought back to life by your professional tour guide.
You will then move on to the Ancient Rome, home to the most affluent of ancient Romans, hosting the best view over the centre of the city (a perfect place for pictures). Afterwards, you will be moving down the hill to explore the famous Roman Forum.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Skip-the-line Entrance
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Pickup and Drop-off
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
You will do the check-in in the office and meet the tour coordinator.
Belvedere in italian means beautiful view. This is the Colosseum tour that gives you the opportunity to have the best pictures anyone could ask in this magnificent ancient monument.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Beat the crowds, the heat, and the long ticket lines on this 1.5-hour Official Colosseum Belvedere & Underground tour. The tour groups at the Colosseum are usually very large but this is a small group tour with a maximum size of 24 people. This tour gives you access to the Colosseum Arena floor, Colosseum dungeons, 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier. Your expert English speaking guide will take you back in time, recreating the history of the Colosseum. You will have "skip the line" access to this fantastic monument, avoiding the tickets lines. Relax and enjoy this history-rich guided tour!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
On the Palatine hill, you visit the private stadium of the emperor Domitian and you will also enjoy the beautiful views over the city of Rome from the top of the imperial palace.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
An expert English speaking guide will take you on a journey back in time, recreating the amazing history and mysteries of the centre of ancient Rome. You will venture up to the Palatine Hill home to the most affluent of ancient Romans, hosting the best view over the centre of the city (A perfect place for pictures). And then moving down the hill to explore the famous Roman Forum, the centre of life in ancient Rome where many of the oldest and most important buildings were located and the venue for public speeches, elections, criminal trials, and single combat gladiatorial matches. Join us on the Ultimate Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Ancient Rome Tour and travel in time to see the eternal city in all of its former glory.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Please be advised that the Colosseum's capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure
- This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Important: Please note that large bags, backpacks, and/or suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- The Colosseum portion of the tour will last approximately 1.5 hour,
- The Roman Forum & Palatine Hill part of the tour will also last approximately 1.5 hour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.