Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Regular Tour
In this 3 hours experiecce, visit the usually inaccessible arena floor of this monument, which is listed as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Standing since the 1st century, surviving earthquakes and stone robbers, the landmark could hold over 50,000 spectators.Explore this restricted area of the ancient landmark with your expert guide. Stand right where the games took place and imagine. Standing in front of the roaring crowds. After the tour, head to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, where your guide will ensure.your entrance and leave you to explore in your own time. Feel free to ask your guide for personal tips.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2-3 hour colosseum tour
- Entrance tickets to the Colosseum
- Passionate professional guide
- Skip-the-ticket-line group entry into the Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Access to the Colosseum Underground
- Hotel Pickup and Drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Skip the ticket lines while visiting Rome’s Colosseum, arena floor on a 2-3 hour guided tour, the most important sites of Ancient Rome brought to life. Enter the Colosseum through the gladiator’s Gate. Access the usually off-limits arena floor and stand where the gladiators once stood. Visit the Colosseum as you discover the heart of Ancient Rome.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The Forum was originally covered by a swamp. It was only in the late 7th century BCE that the valley was reclaimed and the Roman Forum began to take shape. It was destined to remain the centre of public life for over a millennium.
The last great development was carried out by the emperor Maxentius in the early years of the 4th century CE, when the temple dedicated to the memory of his son Romulus and the imposing Basilica on the Velian Hill was erected. The last monument built in the Forum was the Column erected in 608 CE in honour of the Byzantine emperor Phocas.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Palatine hill preserves the remains of Iron Age settlements connected with the earliest core of the city of Rome. The hill was home to important civic cults, including the Magna Mater (Cybele) and, between the 2nd and 1st centuries BC, it became the residential district of the Roman aristocracy, with elegant houses characterised by exceptional painted and paved decorations, such as those preserved in the House of the Griffins. Augustus symbolically chose the hill as the site of his own house, which consisted of several buildings, including the House of Livia.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Via del Colosseo, 31, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.