Colosseum Skip-the-line Self-Guided with 3D Virtual Reality (Official Product)
Join an innovative "skip-the-line self-guided tour" and explore the Colosseum like never before through our special Oculus glasses. Enjoy the first animated and interactive reconstruction of the Colosseum and its surrounding as they were in Roman times, with an integrated multilingual audioguide explaining you the history of these places. A real moving and multisensory experience for the whole family, suitable for all ages because informative, educational and entertaining!
For security reasons is not possible to bring inside the Colosseum any kind of 3D device, then the virtual reality experience takes place outside of the monument before entering.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOUR BEFORE BOOKING!
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- English-speaking Assistant for the VR headset
- Oculus VR headset (virtual reality experience of the Colosseum)
- Audio-guide integrated in the reconstruction (English, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese, French)
- Entry/Admission - Piazza del Colosseo
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Live guide/Guided tour
- Access to the Underground and the Third Order
- Food and beverages
- Pick-up/Drop-off service
- Luggage storage
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
We will meet at the Arch of Constantine,situated between the Colosseum and the Palatine Hill is the largest Roman triumphal arch in Rome, erected in 315 by the Roman Senate to commemorate the imperor Constantine.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet your assistant for the Virtual Reality experience and wear our innovative Oculus VR devices to see an immersive reconstruction of the Colosseum area in Roman times. Walk virtually in the Colosseum square as an ancient Roman citizen, and admire the beautiful monuments that were here in ancient times. Then, enter the Colosseum arena to assist to the gladiator fights and choose the destiny of the wounded gladiators as you were the Emperor! Last, explore the mysterious underground of the Colosseum, where gladiators are waiting for fight and slavers are working hard to make the show a success.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
After the Virtual Reality experience, you will be added to a small group (max 30) with a privileged skip-the-line entrance. After the entry procedures and the mandatory security checks, you will be free to explore the Colosseum by youself.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
After the visit to the Colosseum, you will be escorted to the entrance of Palatine Hill/Roman Forum and you can explore both sites (which are connected) by yourself.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza del Arco di Costantino, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- MEETING POINT: Arch of Costantine, side of the Colosseum. You will meet our staff that will hold a big black flag saying "Ancient and Recent - Virtual Reality Tour - Meeting point" on it.
- You are required to show up at the meeting point 15 MINUTES PRIOR to the arranged time of departure.
- Please note that THIS IS NOT A GUIDED TOUR! This option only provides you the virtual experience with an assistant, the fast entrance to the Colosseum and access to Palatine Hill/Roman Forum.
- The virtual reality experience has a specific departure time: if you arrive late for the meeting point, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per no-show rules, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- For security reasons is not possible to bring inside the Colosseum any kind of 3D device: the virtual reality experience takes place outside from the monument and before entering.
- The Colosseum requires mandatory entry procedures (show children/under 18 to the staff, voucher exchange) and mandatory security check that must be carried out even by the skip-the-line ticket holders. This could require to wait a little more before entering the monument, as this part cannot be skipped.
- The Colosseum’s capacity regulations (no more than 3000 people inside at the same time) may delay the tour departure. This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays, weekends and during high season. So, even the skip-the-line queue may be not as fast as usual.
- Near public transportation
- Children/under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and must carry passports or a valid identity document, because the Colosseum staff may ask to check them at the entrance.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your own bottle of water (no glass bottles/no alcohol).
- The local operator is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum/Palatine Hill/Roman Forum due to strikes, events, bad weather, etc.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum and Palatine Hill/Roman Forum with backpacks, handbags and luggage. Please be aware that there is no luggage storage and that we cannot keep your stuff.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum with knives and any kind of cutting object. Pay attention not to bring with you this kind of stuff.
- The tour operates regardless of the weather conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.