Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Walk in the footsteps of the gladiators of ancient Rome on this tour that takes you to areas of the Colosseum usually closed to visitors. Learn what life was really like behind the scenes at the most famous gladiator arena in the world.
per adult from
What's included :
- Special VIP access to the Colosseum
- Privileged express entrance at the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Expert local tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick up/Drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Since it's re-opening, the Colosseum’s underground area has become the sight to see in Rome. This domain of gladiators and animals is a part of your 3 hour VIP tour that’s truly away from the tourist crowds.
During the special access sections of the tour you’ll be accompanied by a guard who will open gates to grant you exclusive entrance to the underground, arena floor, and the first and second levels.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Then it’s on to the Roman Forum where you’ll hear about the political history of ancient Rome. Julius Caesar once led his triumphant armies on parade here, and it was also here that successive emperors plotted the growth of Rome.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
For those with an interest in history, the Palatine Hill is an unexpected highlight. Vastly underrated, the hill is a much quieter place, where your guide will point out the ruins of the world’s first palaces.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Arch of Constantine, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
With groups having a maximum of 15 participants, and archaeologists as tour guides, your tour is sure to be a fascinating opportunity to explore Roman history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Via delle Terme di Tito, 73, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.