Colosseum, Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel in one day | Skip-the-Line Tour
Value your time and get the best of Rome's highlights with this whirlwind full-day tour. This tour, tailored to travelers with a short time frame, combines the main features of Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and Vatican City, with the privilege of a unique skip-the-line entrance and official professional guides!
Discover the original settlement where it's supposed Rome was founded; admire some of the most significant ancient ruins still existing and get amazed by stories about the thrilling games performed inside the Colosseum.
Take a little break and meet us again directly at the Vatican, where admire one of the greatest collections of art in the world.
Here you'll find the main representatives of the Italian art and incredible masterpieces like the "Last Judgment" by Michelangelo.
End your tour at the Sistine Chapel and enjoy privileged access to St. Peter's Basilica, where admiring at your peace amazing Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Pietà by Michelangelo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip the line entrance ticket
- Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill guided tour
- Vatican Museum guided tour
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dei Candelabri
- Entry/Admission - Gallery of Tapestries
- Entry/Admission - Gallery of Maps
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit Rome's symbolic monument with a tour that makes it easy and fun for all ages. Learn about the amphitheater's history from a guide with an art and archaeology background.
Learn about the spectacular games and bloody battles that were held inside. Hear about the techniques of construction invented by the Romans, the incredible ability of the gladiators, the violent fighting between exotic animals and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to built the Colosseum.
Walk around the first tiers and reach the arena to learn about the trapdoors and all the mechanisms used to animate the games. Your guide will keep you entertained with stories of sea-battles, the cages where lions were kept before the games started, the rooms in which gladiators were waiting before they reached the arena, the executions, and the excitement of the spectators attending the most spectacular, fantastic, and expensive games in human history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
You will then, visit the Roman Forum. This is one of the most important archaeological areas in the world with some of Ancient Rome's most evocative ruins, including the Temple of Julius Caesar, Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House and Basilica of Maxentius. Admire the Roman Forum's Sacred Way, the triumphal road where the Centurions of Caesar marched after their return from countless battles and conquests.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
After you walk through Palatine Hill, explore the site of an older settlement from the 9th century BC.
Admire the incredible frescoes in the House of Augustus and the Hippodrome, an elliptical sunken garden from the Palace of Domitian. Here, enjoy an impressive view of the Circus Maximus and the valley of the Roman Forum. Learn about the legend of Romulus and Remus, the abandoned brothers raised by a wolf who fought each other for power and control.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Rome, Rome, Lazio
After the Colosseum guided tour, you can join some free time. Take a break before starting the second part of your tour. You can enjoy a traditional lunch in Rome city center (not included). We'll meet you again at our office in Via Leone IV 6 by 1:30 pm, where your guide will be waiting for you eager to discover the most exciting museum worldwide: the Vatican Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Let's get into the history and secrets of the Catholic Church and hear about the rivalry between the Renaissance artists.
Discover the treasures hosted by one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world enriched by a huge number of masterpieces collected through time.
Admire the best of the ancient world visiting the Greek and Roman sculpture section. A collection of classical art masterpieces where admire the beauty of several sculpture groups, as for example the statue of Laocoön and His Sons that is one of the most famous ancient sculptures.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Vatican Gardens, Viale Vaticano presso Musei Vaticani, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Vatican Garden
and much more ...
Stop At: Galleria dei Candelabri, 00120, Vatican City
Pass along the Chandelier Gallery, named by the several marble chandelier decorating this section.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Gallery of Tapestries, VA, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Be astonished by the elegant Tapestry gallery, wallpapered by the finest tapestry worldwide, realized by Raphael's disciples.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Gallery of Maps, VA, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Visit the Maps Gallery, a complete exhibition of maps representing Italy as it was seen by cartographer in 1581.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Admire the major representatives of Italian art such as Leonardo, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more
Towards the end of this tour you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: The Last Judgement.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will visit the Basilica at your leisure, without the guide. Inside you can admire some Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Pietà by Michelangelo. You can also enjoy a moment of reflection in the Vatican caves.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :1: Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via Vespasiano, 28, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- To get inside the monuments it used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be asked just the ticket entrance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the monuments (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Security checkpoint and the payload capacity might delays the access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened
- To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Forbidden objects inside the monumets: bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols, backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage / trolley
- Can be introduced medium and small size backpacks to shoulder, which must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund
- Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
- Access to the Basilica is possible only when direct access from the Museum is open. WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Activity not recommended for people with motor lag
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Temperature checks for travelers at the Colosseum entrance. If the temperature is above 37.5 ° C (99,5°F), access will not be possible. No refund will be available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.