Colosseum's underground with Arena Floor, Forum and Palatine Hill guided tour
Journey back through history to a time of gladiators and emperors as you discover the Colosseum, Forum and Palatine Hill with an expert guide.
See the Colosseum, once known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, through the eyes of gladiators, as you stand on the arena floor, where they would have fought nearly 2000 years ago. Your guide will then take you down into the hypogeum, the underground corridors, as the inner-workings of the amphitheatre are brought back to life. You will learn about the iconic architecture of the Colosseum and its incredible construction
Once in the Roman Forum, your guide will regale you with the fascinating history of Rome as you stand amongst the ruins of what used to be the social, religious and political heart of the city. The Palatine Hill, where legend has it that Romulus founded Rome, now boasts the impressive remains of the palaces of a number of emperors.
per adult from
3 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Fast track entrance
- Admission fee
- Licensed tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Arco di Tito
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Skip the ticket lines as your expert guide whisks you inside the iconic amphitheatre. Stand in the very spot where spectators cheered on their favourite gladiators and watched a whole range of shows for their entertainment. Learn about the archaeology discovery of the underground mechanisms that powered the spectacles of this famous venue.
Stride out on to the arena floor with unique access to this special part of the Colosseum. Rather than solely looking out from the spectators’ area, walk through the gladiator’s gate and see the Colosseum from a gladiator’s perspective on the arena floor. Enjoy the stunning panorama around you as you imagine the fights and spectacles of this amazing destination.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Continue your small-group tour at the Roman Forum, which was once the marketplace, political centre, and social hub of the ancient city. Admire temples and holy sites, such as the House of the Vestal Virgins, and walk the streets that once thronged with Romans. Listen to your guide’s captivating stories of Roman politics and the treachery, drama, and tragedies it often involved.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Arco di Tito, Via Sacra 1 Foro Romano, 00186 Rome Italy
Get up close to the Arch of Titus and feel the might of Ancient Rome. This triumphant arch towers above the main road of the Forum and is a striking site to behold. Learn about the war victories that led to Emperor Domitian’s construction of the monument, and marvel at the Latin inscriptions from nearly 2000 years ago.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Climb the Palatine Hill to conclude your Ancient Rome experience. The Palatine was esteemed in Rome as the home of the wealthiest residents, and still holds opulent villas and beautiful gardens for visitors to enjoy. Relax in the tranquil atmosphere and contrast it with the bustle of modern-day Rome as you look out onto the city from the Palatine Hill.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Arch of Constantine, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :Via della Salara Vecchia, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Aerosols, sharp objects and large backpacks will not be allowed
- In the case of inclement weather (rain, snow, frost…), the arena floor may be closed off without notice. Entry through the gladiators’ gate will not be affected but access onto the arena floor will be prohibited.
- A copy of ID is required to enter the Colosseum
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.