Columbia Icefield Adventure 1-Day Tour from Calgary or Banff
Explore the frozen expanses of the Columbia Icefield, snap photos of the snow-covered peaks of the Rocky Mountains, and learn about the erosive legacy of the Crowfoot Glacier on this day trip around Banff and Jasper's national parks.
At the edge of the Columbia Icefield, hop out to explore a small corner of the largest icefield in North America and consider consider an optional tour to the Columbia Icefield Ice Explorer, once in a lifetime experience to visit the heart of the incredible Icefields Parkway.
Continue on to the shores of Bow Lake, where you can snap photos of the Waputik Range's jagged peaks, and check out the icy foot of the Crowfoot Glacier.
Learn how this massive sheet of ice carved out the area's mountain-studded skyline, and then swing by Peyto Lake, whose blue-green waters seem to glow due to their high mineral content.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual Tour Guide
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Traffic Accident Insurance (10M liability)
- National Park Fee
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Guests can purchase lunch at Icefield Centre
- Personal Expenses
- Admission (Ice Explorer)
- Entry/Admission - Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bow Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
It is the headwaters of the Bow River that runs south through the city Calgary and onto the Oldman River ultimately to Hudson Bay.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre, Highway 93 Icefields Pkwy, Improvement District No. 12, Jasper National Park, Alberta T1L 1J3 Canada
At the edge of the Columbia Icefield, hop out to explore a small corner of the largest icefield in North America and consider consider an optional tour to the Columbia Icefield Ice Explorer.
A once in a lifetime experience to visit the heart of the incredible Icefields Parkway, one of the largest non-polar ice fields in the world. Climb on board an all-terrain Ice Explorer and head on to the surface of the Athabasca Glacier. Walk on, feel and drink from the ancient ice while you learn about glaciers and icefields.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Peyto Lake, Icefield Parkway, Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
It's milky blue color is unique and will change with the seasons and time of day. (if closed, replaced by Waterfowl Lakes)
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Crowfoot Glacier, Improvement District No. 9, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
Named after its shape when was discovered. A must-see stop with the climate change nowadays. The "Third toe" was melted and barely visible.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: Sandman Signature Calgary Downtown Hotel, 888 7 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3J3, Canada
2: Mount Royal Hotel, 138 Banff Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1A7, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.