Combo Saver Alternative Amsterdam Culture and De Wallen Tour
Join this 1.5-hour Amsterdam walking tour and explore the city's alternative culture with a local guide. Get an in-depth look into the world of Amsterdams taboo side in Amsterdam and learn about its history and legalization. We focus on COOL places in the summer and WARM places in the winter! Discover Amsterdam’s De Wallen District at night in an approximately 1.5-hour walking tour alongside a knowledgeable local guide who will show you the city's secret locations, and the back alleys of De Wallen. Check out hidden alleyways in the Red Light District, Amsterdams oldest neighborhood see Bronze artwork, sample dutch beer or enjoy drink specials in our special pub route 66. Sample Free Dutch Caramel Waffels and Gelato Ice Cream while you explore the city's coffee shops at the end. Even have a quick look at the oldest most shocking neighborhood in Amsterdam
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Small-group walking tour
- Warm Places in the winter
- Cool places in the summer!
What's excluded :
- Food and snacks (2 hour tour)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal purchases or souvenirs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your local guide in central Amsterdam and enjoy an insight into the coffeeshop scene and culture and the history of marijuana in Amsterdam on a 2-hour guided walking tour.
Start your tour at the legendary Dam Palace and be introduced to the local world of cannabis at one of Amsterdam's off the beaten path coffee shops, slang for shops that sell cannabis products in Amsterdam. Educate yourself on the history and legalization of cannabis. Discover the streets of the city as you walk to the famous coffee shops in Amsterdam, pubs, and secret medieval sites along the way.
Learn about Amsterdam's notorious Red Light District's vibrant history from your guide as you venture around its cobbled streets. In De Wallen, you’ll hear about the district's beginnings and explore the network of alleys lined with more than 300 single-room cabins.
Enjoy a stop at the Metropolitan bakery for a free sample of Stroop waffels ( Dutch Caramel Cookie) and Home made Gelato Ice Cream, with over 27 flavors to choose from like Blood Orange. Hang out in a bar called Route 66 and learn about Dutch Gezelligheid, and make friends while your at it!
Head down the dark alleys, and follow your guide into secret entryways. You’ll be an expert on the area, the people, and the history in no time. Finish off the tour with a celebratory drink at Route 66 or near the nieuwe markt in the heart of the Red Light District.
Departure Point :Dam 6, 1012 NP Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Original Dampkring Coffeeshop, Handboogstraat 29, 1012 XM Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 18 years; A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking; Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Tour is taken at your own risk
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.