Combo Tour : Irazu Volcano/Orosi Valley/Lankester Garden
This tour is the combination of the Irazu Volcano National Park, the Orosi Valley and Lankester Garden tours. With this excursion you will see an impressive volcano, visit important historical and cultural places in our country and also will have the opportunity to see beautiful plants. To that end, the tour offers the mystique of the Irazu Volcano, and the enchantment of the lush gardens in Orosi.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Irazu Volcano National Park
- Entry/Admission - Orosi River Valley ( El Valle del Rio Orosi )
- Entry/Admission - Jardin Botanico Lankester
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Irazu Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
The tour will begin with us trekking south along the Panamerican Highway until we reach the base of the behemoth “Iztaru” (a name of an indigenous village that was situated on the flanks of the volcano, and a likely candidate as a possible origin for the current name of the Irazu Volcano).
The winding road traverses fertile lands in which all types and forms of vegetation are cultivated, all the while affording us a spectacular panoramic view of the surrounding hills and valleys. And, at the very top of the summit, on a clear day, one can be privy to an unforgettable bird’s eye view of both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Orosi River Valley ( El Valle del Rio Orosi ), Al sureste de Cartago Tapantí National Park Costa Rica
Just about 35 kilometers away from San Jose, Orosi is a tranquil and serene community in the province of Cartago. While somewhat undiscovered by travelers, Orosi features an incredibly peaceful setting among the lush forest and towering pine trees. Visitors who are traveling to Costa Rica to escape the hectic hustle and bustle of daily life will love the seclusion of the Orosi Valley. This hidden gem is truly one of Costa Rica's finest, and it has actually been a beloved spot in the country for centuries due to its ideal soil conditions and perfect climate. This is why Orosi Valley is home to some of the most delicious coffee in Costa Rica.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Jardin Botanico Lankester, 4 Km. Cartago and Paraiso Road, Nr. Bus Stop, Cartago Costa Rica
As we descend to the city of Cartago we will stop at the Virgin of the Angels Basilica – a famous peregrination site for many believers, some of which travel for days or even weeks on foot, in a pilgrimage of faith, to the site. The Basilica has large vaulted ceilings and exquisite examples of stained glass windows, and is a must see.
Next, after we visit the Basilica we will stop at the Lankester Gardens, a University of Costa Rica Center for investigation that protects more than 800 species of orchids, bromeliads and countless species of other plants.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at your hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica,Airports
- Juan Santamaria Intl Airport, San Jose Costa Rica
- Tobias Bolanos Intl Airport, San Jose Costa Rica
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring
- LIGHT JACKET OR SWEATSHIRT
- WALKING SHOES
- INSECT REPELLENT
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.