Combo Walking and Market Tour
This tour will leave you fascinated with Guatemalan culture. We will discuss the 500 year history of Antigua, Guatemala, and talk about the geography, politics, Mayan ethnic groups, history and tourist draws of this beautiful country. After exploring the main sites of Antigua, we will then begin our market tour, wandering through the narrow stalls, seeing the way the locals shop. After we learn about the agricultural industry, we will be able to sample some Guatemalan sweets and then sit for lunch in a local comedor where you can order some of the tastiest traditional food around! Lunch is not included in the tour price and averages 30Q per person.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - The Plaza Central Park
What's excluded :
- Gratuities are always appreciated.
- Lunch - At the end of the market tour, we will sit for lunch, which is not included.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Plaza Central Park, Plaza Mayor City Center, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
We start at Iglesia de la Merced to the north of the city, make our way down 5a Avenida, discussing the sights along the way. We wander through the central park of Antigua and talk about the historical buildings, geography, culture and politics of Guatemala. After exploring the ruins of the cathedral, we head back to Central Park to begin our market tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Street market, Antigua Guatemala
The local market is where people come to shop, eat, and explore the stalls. It is a great way to learn about the ways the local market influences village life and also to understand the unique agricultural products sold here.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Iglesia de la Merced, 1a Calle Poniente & 6a Avenida Norte, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Local Market, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour includes a lot of walking. Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.