Communism Full Day with Lunch Included
Local Hosts turns tourists into locals and locals into tourists.
We know that during a tour it's best to stop for refreshments and quick bites! Thus, we've included lunch to all our tours. Join us for a different experience in small groups and off the beaten path views.
This is a unique way to explore a seemingly forgotten story that has pushed the boundaries of endurance and has marked several generations of Romanians.
A trip down-on-memory lane, appealing to all of your senses, that will unveil the city and its people with both good and bad sides, while allowing you to judge the progress and the downfall of a society for yourselves.
To top everything up, we've included a drive through the Bronx of Bucharest where you'll witness the communist bedroom dormitories that defined (and still do) the last 50 years of Romanian social history.
The experience includes access inside a former communist prison, transformed into a memorial and located within the biggest prison in Bucharest!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Street snack/pretzel known locally as ”covrig”
- Bottled water - 1 btl. of 500 ml
- Lunch - 2 mici with french fries, mustard and fresh bread bun
- Alcoholic Beverages - 1 beer (400ml) or equivalent
- Coffee and/or Tea - 1 coffee/tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Second Hand Ferentari
- Entry/Admission - Jilava Fort 13
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Entrance fees and visit to the Parliament Palace and Springtime Residence
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
Explore by car different parts of the city, from historical areas and sights to the communist neighbourhoods and learn the essentials and aftermath of a regime that left a deep scar on our collective memory
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
A quick stop for your perfect insta story of one the biggest administrative building in the world. We will circle the building and learn all its darker stories and find out what it means for the local community.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Second Hand Ferentari, București, sector 5, Calea Ferentari nr. 17, parter 052034, Romania
We will drive through Bronx of Bucharest which is completely out of the tourist path and a reality check even today, we'll explore an old military fort inside an active prison - outside of Bucharest - used as an extermination camp for those who stood against the regime
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Carol Park, Filaret hill, Bucharest Romania
Admire the local communist leaders mausoleum located inside one of the most emblematic parks of the city and enjoy a full traditional communist meal.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jilava Fort 13, Sabarului Street 1, Jilava 077120 Romania
Visiting the old military Fort that was used as a prison.
Mobile phones are not allowed inside the prison.
Photos allowed only with a camera.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piața Revoluției 1, București 030167, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
We can reach most hotels in the city centre, please email or call/message us for confirmation of your hotel pick up and timing.This tour can accommodate maximum 3 guests inside a small city car. For larger groups we can arrange a 7+1 or 15+1 minivans.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.