Communism Tram and Walking Tour in Krakow
Rewind to communist days with this 4-hour tram and walking tour of Krakow’s Nowa Huta district. Ride a tram to this eastern suburb and learn how it was built as a model Soviet city. See the main square and tenements, view Cold War-era bomb shelters, and visit the stunning ark-shaped Lord’s Ark church, a symbol of Nowa’s battle for a church during the 1960s. Enjoy a drink in a communist-era restaurant, and learn about life under Soviet rule as well as the 1980s' anti-communism resistance from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- A professional licensed guide, tram ticket, break in a milk bar.
What's excluded :
- Unless specified.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Krakow, Krakow, Lesser Poland Province, Southern Poland
Rewind to communist days with this 4-hour tram and walking tour of Krakow’s Nowa Huta district.
Departure Point :Hotel Polski pod Białym Orłem, Pijarska 17, 31-015 Kraków, Poland
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Teatr Słowackiego, Kraków, Poland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As the tour involves walking for the most part, please be wearing comfortable footwear. Not wheelchair accessible.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.