Communist day tour - Landmarks of the Iron curtain
In this one day tour, you will have the chance to get acquainted with the communist period (socialistic period) in Bulgaria. The socialistic republic of Bulgaria existed from 1946 until 1989. This is one of the most controversial parts of modern history. But one thing is for sure - like any other political system, communism (socialism) bequeathed us both things that we would like to forget and others that we can admire.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Socialist Art
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Socialist Art, 7 Lachezar Stanchev Street, Sofia 1756 Bulgaria
Our trip will start with pick up from your hotel at 09:30. First, we will visit the Museum of Socialist Art in Sofia. There we will have the chance to see over 70 works of monumental sculpture, exhibited in a park covering 7,500 sq.m. On a special pedestal, the large five-pointed star that once crowned the former Party House in the center of Sofia is on display.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Buzludzha Monument, Central Stara Planina, Kazanluk 6100 Bulgaria
When we finish our walk in the museum we will continue the trip to our next destination - Buzludzha monument, which is one of the most notable from the socialist period After approximately a 3-hour scenic drive we will reach Buzludzha monument. It was erected in 1981 to commemorate socialism. Work on the monument began in 1974 and was undertaken by units of the Bulgarian Army assisted by numerous artisans responsible for the large statues and murals. After the government’s fall from power in 1989, the site was abandoned and left open to vandalism.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Sofia
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.