Communist Kraków - Nowa Huta
Those were the days when Kraków’s veins were running with coal and steel and the glorious, royal past of the city didn’t matter anymore. The world was on the eve of the Cold War and Nowa Huta, communist district of Kraków, was built to fight and resist it.
Visit with us Nowa Huta, one of the two still existing ideal communist cities in the world and get a chance to:
see the monumental headquarters of the steel plant and communist party offices
enter original bomb shelters and command center from the 1950s, where everything remained untouched as a testimony to the times of the Cold War
see the representative part of Nowa Huta – monumental Central Square and the Avenue of Roses,
visit the housing units designed to create new socialist inhabitants and a new model of life
enter the 'Ark of Lord' church, a symbol of spiritual resistance of Catholic workers against the communist party will and finally have a communist-style snack in the original period interiors.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, local guide
- Snacks - Communist snack
- 24h tram ticket
- Nowa Huta shelters entrance ticket
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rose Alley, al. Roz 1 Plac Reagana - Nowa Huta, Krakow 31-960 Poland
The most representative part of what was to be "the ideal socialist town".
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Kraków Barbican, Basztowa, 30-547 Kraków, Poland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :plac Centralny Imienia Ronalda Reagana 117, 31-974 Kraków, Poland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Walkative! TOUR