Complete Ancient Rome Private Tour: Colosseum & Archeological Sights
Want to explore the ancient wonders of The Eternal City? Join a history-loving local and discover some of the city’s best archeological sights. Explore the Colosseum and Roman Forum, plus get a rare glimpse of unusual ruins that most travelers miss.
Start your journey through history with a view of the ancient city. From the top of the most central of Rome’s seven hills, you can see the Roman Forum and all its wonders below you. As you enjoy the city views hear about the legend of Romulus and Remus from your friendly local host.
Head off the beaten track and discover two Roman ruins that are off the sightseeing trail of most tourists. Step in the footsteps of Rome’s former Emperors at a palace where they used to live. You’ll also get the chance to discover the House of Livia which is thought to be the former home of Emperor Augustus’s wife and has one of the most beautiful examples of Roman frescoes in the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Tour
- Local Guide
What's excluded :
- Tickets are not included. De costs are €22 till €50 p. adult and €2 p. child
- Entry/Admission - Cenatio Iovis
- Entry/Admission - Curia Julia
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via di S. Teodoro, 74, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Near this typical Italian market is where out first stop is located. Palatine Hill is the most central of the Seven Hills of Rome and one of the most ancient parts of the city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cenatio Iovis, Domus Augustiana, Foro Romano, Largo della Salara Vecchia, 6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
In this area are 3 different preserved examples of ancient roman frescous: House of Livia, House of August and last but not least the Domus Augustana
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Curia Julia, Via della Curia, 4, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
In the near area of Curia Lulia is the next stop of our tour. We are visiting the well-known Foro Romano.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Last but not least, this could not be left out, The Colosseum! Explore one of the new 7 wonders of the world together with your local host on this private tour.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.