Cong The Quiet Man Museum Skip-the-Line Ticket
The Quiet Man Museum offers an on-set experience with exact replicas of all the key furnishings and artifacts from the movie including Sean Thornton’s big bed, Mary Kate’s cottage piano, china, pewter, cradle and the tandem bicycle, as well as costumes made by the same company – O’Maille’s of Galway – who made them for John Ford in 1951. Quiet Man enthusiasts can dress up in costume for photos.
The Museum also showcases the largest collection of Irish newspaper articles from the time the movie was filmed, which were sourced through a painstaking trawl of the microfiche files in local libraries. This first hand account allows enthusiasts to read exactly what it was like when Hollywood took over the village of Cong in 1951.
The Quiet Man Museum houses the original fishing rod used by Father Lonergan and Michaeleen Og’s horse Napoleon’s original harness and a first edition of the Maurice Walsh collection of short stories, Green Rushes, on which the screenplay for The Quiet Man was based.
per adult from
5 to 20 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance to The Quiet Man Museum
- Entry/Admission - The Quiet Man Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Visit: The Quiet Man Museum, Quiet Man House CircularS Rd, Cong F31 TF64 Ireland
The Quiet Man Museum is an exact replica of 'White O'Morn', the ancestral home of John Wayne's character in The Quiet Man movie as the original cottage is now in ruins and the inside was a Hollywood set. This is the first time that the outside and the inside of 'White O'Morn' have been created in one place. The Quiet Man Museum is a must for any Quiet Man enthusiasts. Painstaking effort has ensured that all the furnishings, artifacts and costumes are authentic reproductions. The four poster bed, the tables and chairs which Mary Kate cherished, the thatched roof, emerald green half door and white washed front combine to charm all those who visit it. The Quiet Man Museum also houses the original fishing rod from the movie, Michaeleen's horse's original harness and original production notes, as well as news paper articles from the time the movie was being made, life sized promotional posters and costumes for visitors to try on for photos and re-enactments. The Quiet Man Museum is open from 1 April to 31 October from 10am to 4pm daily.
Departure Point :The Quiet Man Museum, Quiet Man House CircularS Rd, Cong F31 TF64 Ireland
Departure Time :4/10/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Awarded Irish Tourist Board Covid-19 Safety Charter
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.