Congress Avenue Bats Bike Tour in Austin
Learn about the Bats in Austin on this 2.5 hour bat watching bike tour (2 hours on the bike). It's the largest urban bat colony in the world! This tour takes place during the evening for a leisurely 8 mile ride (a few small hills) around Lady Bird Lake hike-n-bike trail, including Barton Springs, Zilker park, Butler park, the boardwalk and Pfluger bridge, with a stop to view the bats in flight from Congress Ave. bridge after sunset. Tour starts 2 hrs. before sunset. It's a great, unique tour!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- All required equipment (bike and helmet)
- Learn about the Bats in Austin on this 2.5 hour bat watching bike tour (2 hours on the bike).
- It's the largest urban bat colony in the world!
- local sales tax
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Congress Avenue Bridge / Austin Bats, 100 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701-4072
During the night time, bats fly out from under Congress Avenue Bridge. If you have been to Austin or visited and not seen this, it is a highly recommended thing to see! This tour begins with a ride around Lady Bird Lake and will stop at the perfect time to view the bat's flying out from under the Congress Avenue Bridge.
Stop At: Zilker Metropolitan Park, 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78746
Zilker Metropolitan Park is a recreational area in south Austin, Texas at the juncture of Barton Creek and the Colorado River that comprises over 350 acres of publicly owned land. It is named after its benefactor, Andrew Jackson Zilker, who donated the land to the city in 1917
Stop At: Barton Springs Pool, 2201 Barton Springs Rd Zilker Park, Austin, TX 78746-5736
Barton Springs Pool is a recreational outdoor swimming pool that is filled entirely with water from nearby natural springs. It is located on the grounds of Zilker Park in Austin, Texas. The pool exists within the channel of Barton Creek and utilizes water from Main Barton Spring, the fourth largest spring in Texas
Stop At: Lady Bird Lake Hike-and-Bike Trail, Lady Bird Lake First Street Bridge at Lady Bird Lake, Austin, TX 78701
Austin’s famous urban trail along the lake, the Butler hike-n-bike trail. This multi use trail circles around Lady Bird Lake and includes Austin's new over the water boardwalk. This ride is traffic free (i.e. no cars) and features many shaded areas. The tour distance is approximately 7.5 miles on mostly flat natural/paved services with a few small hills.
Departure Point :650 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring water, the bike has a bottle cage
- Youths ages 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children ages 11 and under, private tour recommended (extra $25 pp)
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.